What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rjhbonovox said:

wow you look incredibly young on your photo. Seriously though I don't like them kinda posts either. Seriously heheeh me being serious now that is a joke!:wink:

A day ago Snutes1 was asking all us "loosers":

what site should I go to for the presale?
what time should I log in?
are GA tix good?
what aisle are the feminine products in?

Oh, and RJ, that picture is not me. That's a turd I laid on 10/16/95. Good lookin ain't it?

MrBrau1 said:
I imagine they're not happy. But it's not as if Bono can wave his hand and fix the glitches. And I doubt they're sitting at a table looking over piles of cash, giggling and wringing their hands saying "Ha! we pulled a nice fast one on the people who buy ALL OUR RECORDS". They must realise this could destroy the bands core fanbase and credibility forever. What they do in the next few day will tell the rest of the story.

Amen! :applaud:

MrBrau1 said:
What they do in the next few day will tell the rest of the story.

once again, Brau is the voice of reason.

(that is, the non-pusseyed voice of reason).

Blue Room said:
The problem is that U2's fan club DID handle the ticket sale pretty well PRIOR to this tour. So it can be done, they should have just stuck to the old Propaganda formula and done everything (including subscription sign up) through the mail. You get less of the casual fan and scalper that way, takes more effort.

Who is to blame? Everyone involved including U2. U2 hired these people to run their fan club. Ultimately the buck stops with U2 and their management. However, there is no way U2 intentionally did any of this. But they are ultimately responsible.

So they should have taken Adam's advice/motto, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it."

Propaganda seemed to handle well enough, and for many years.

MrBrau1 said:
What they do in the next few day will tell the rest of the story.

That's what I've been trying to think of all day.

I dreaded this morning since sunday (When the dates were released) I having been sleeping well the past two nights because of was so afraid that the presale would go as bad as it did on u2.com in 2001 (but that one didn't cost $40, mind you).

Then when the worse possible scenario happened, I just started asking myself:

"how can U2 fix this?" or even ticketmaster or fanfire (if they wanted to)

and the only solution that I can think of would be to immediately start the presale of the extra shows (which we all know they are going to add 1 hour after the 1st shows sell out)

If U2 took all the GA seats of the 2nd show in LA and sold them in a presale then I'm sure that every LA fanclub member would be satisfied. (And if they did this for all extra shows: NY, SJ, Chicago, etc.)
It's not like they would be "Stealing from the general public" since technically these seats dont' even exist yet!

anyway... that's all I could think of right now... but if U2 was thinking of how to remedy the situation (short of giving everyone back $40) i think this might work...

Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

diamond said:

i remember hearing after Boston 2 in 2001 some lady carping on and on to Bono about the how the fans were dealt with unjustly and they were robbed and 'yadie yadie'
and Bono becoming agitated, spun around on his heels and told the carping woman to pipe dowm, put a sock in it and told her "compared to other bands U2 gives alot more back to their fans".:wink:

the lady was stunned into silence:wink:

Go Bono:up:

db9

Wow, what a horrible story. Is that true?

This happens EVERY tour. There are WAY more fans than there are tickets, and, unfortunately, some peope get left out. Understandably, they whine, complain, blame the band, blame the ticket companies, etc.

I can sympathize to an extent, but c'mon people, this is rock n' roll. Crazy shit happens. Just have fun and enjoy the ride.

When all the chaos began ensuing, I thought "this is going to give people like jick, ponkine, U2_Guy, and rjhbonovox even more ammunition." This thread has proven me right.

snutes1 said:

The fact that you have made over 3000 posts proves that you have no life

Snutes, that single comment concerns alot of people on this forum. If you wanna get shitty, get shitty, but don't go saying things like that :eyebrow:

Axver said:
When all the chaos began ensuing, I thought "this is going to give people like jick, ponkine, U2_Guy, and rjhbonovox even more ammunition." This thread has proven me right.

Oh yes, you think I would miss an excellent chance like this?:wink:

Re: Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

thousandfold said:

Wow, what a horrible story. Is that true?

yes absolutely.

my friend saw it first hand.

Bono was trying to console 2 girls..who were perplexed about the whole GA fiasco and this lady was incessantly jabbering and interupting, when Bono told the lady to basically F/O.

Its a true story.

And you know what?

He was right.

All people have limits even Jeuslike rockstars.

db9

Re: Re: Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

Their reaction, if so, will be as cynic as Tony Blair when he was asked about tortures on Iraq :mad: :madspit: :censored:

Re: Re: Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

diamond said:

yes absolutely.

my friend saw it first hand.

Bono was trying to console 2 girls..who were perplexed about the whole GA fiasco and this lady was incessantly jabbering and interupting, when Bono told the lady to basically F/O.

Its a true story.

And you know what?

He was right.

All people have limits even Jeuslike rockstars.

db9

You know what your "friend" may say they were there but they clearly weren't within earshot. I was there and that is not what happened at all. Bono "trying to console" the two girls, ahahaha! Don't make me laugh. Those girls were upset by Bono and U2's actions at Boston 2 and he was making it quite plain that he gave not two sh*ts about their feelings. Too upset to argue back others were trying to make a case on their behalf.

The people who were at Boston 2 haven't been surprised by this pre-sale fiasco at all. They saw through the the U2 corporate machine a long time ago....

This entire episode was frankly predictable... there were problems last year with the presale when there was a hell of a lot more shows available... now with a new company handling the fan club stuff... a company known for screwing stuff up... combined with ticketmaster, who screws everything up... and combined with an extremely short first leg... there was just no way in hell this could've gone off smoothly. thus why i never spent the $40 bucks in the first place.

but for those who did spend the $40 bucks and got screwed this time around because of the shortened tour, then the band really NEEDS to do something in order to rectify the situation... (heheh... rectify) by the third leg (heheh... third leg) so that anyone who got the shaft (heheh... shaft) this time around is GAURANTEED to get the tickets they want next time around. :shrug:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

MalahideChick said:

You know what your "friend" may say they were there but they clearly weren't within earshot. I was there and that is not what happened at all. Bono "trying to console" the two girls, ahahaha! Don't make me laugh. Those girls were upset by Bono and U2's actions at Boston 2 and he was making it quite plain that he gave not two sh*ts about their feelings. Too upset to argue back others were trying to make a case on their behalf.

The people who were at Boston 2 haven't been surprised by this pre-sale fiasco at all. They saw through the the U2 corporate machine a long time ago....

i believe perhaps someone here might have been involved in the boston "fiasco"

no names mentioned, of course... no names mentioned...

I remember that fiasco and felt bad for those people (drama queens) who got "screwed" but then I don't begrudge U2 for wanting to hava a lot of pretty people (especially hot chix) closer to them. I mean this is rock n' roll, and the boys are entitled to look at hot looking fans instead of a bunch of ugly ones.

Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

diamond said:

i remember hearing after Boston 2 in 2001 some lady carping on and on to Bono about the how the fans were dealt with unjustly and they were robbed and 'yadie yadie'
and Bono becoming agitated, spun around on his heels and told the carping woman to pipe dowm, put a sock in it and told her "compared to other bands U2 gives alot more back to their fans".:wink:

the lady was stunned into silence:wink:

Go Bono:up:

db9

Which other bands? Since when is U2 held to such a low standard? That's bull. AND Pearl Jam treats their fans 1000 times better than this. Go join their fan club and you will actually get good tickets to their shows. Not this garbage. Maybe Bono and the Edge should learn something from Eddie Vedder.

[elaborate sarcasm]

i think bono's obviously sitting around in his gigantic money bin up on a hill overlooking dublin, diving and swiming through his billions of dollars like he was scrooge mcduck...

mcduck.jpg

selfish prick...

[/elaborate sarcasm]

Back
Top Bottom