What country has the WORST U2 fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheQuiet1 said:

...Or is it?! Sodding Wikipedia, now I've looked it up I'm more bloody confused than ever!
You can keep looking it up for ever, but you will keep getting different answers. As I already explained in my previous post, the one website / encyclopedia / atlas claims Oceania is the continent, while the other states that Australia is the name of the continent.

WalkOn21 said:

You can keep looking it up for ever, but you will keep getting different answers. As I already explained in my previous post, the one website / encyclopedia / atlas claims Oceania is the continent, while the other states that Australia is the name of the continent.

But does the Australian Plate (as in the tectonic plate) have other countries on it or is it just Australia? That's what I'm getting confused about and there's got to be a definite answer to that. Wikipedia had this rather vague orange blur to denote where the plate was and it sorta made things a bit unclear...just like I'm making things a bit unclear with this post!

Actually I've just read axvers explanation, my map is definitely outdated.

Ellay said:
Could I be the first to point out on this thread that the USA isn't a country. thanx.

(or is it?)

Huh??????

"America" is not a country. The USA most certainly is.

WalkOn21 said:

Depends on your atlas. Some geographers think of Oceania as a continent, others think of it as just a name for the region.

In fact here in The Netherlands it was taught to me as being a continent. Further, Wikipedia tells us In Canada, the government-approved Atlas of Canada names 7 continents and teaches Oceania instead of Australia.

How you call it depends on where you live, I suppose.

Well, being from New Zealand and having lived in Australia for eight years, the general consensus of the people who actually live in the part of the world in question is that Australia is a continent, New Zealand is not part of any continent, and Oceania is a regional name much like how "Middle East" refers to a region rather than a continent.

Can only go on concerts I've seen on video/dvd outside of Ireland and the UK, aswell as fans here on interference, so I would have to go with the US.

Concerts always seem a little dead while the majority of obsessive fans (to a fault imho) seem to be from the US.

Back home in Ireland, U2 is either loved or hated, no real middle ground, so if your unlucky enough to have been surrounded by those who are not fans, then Ireland is probably a good choice.

For those who said Australia - can't disagree more - having lived there for over a year, they are huge U2 fanatics.

Party Boy said:
For those who said Australia - can't disagree more - having lived there for over a year, they are huge U2 fanatics.

:up:

Aren't ticket sales for the Australian part of the Vertigo tour enough to prove this?

It just goes to prove that staying high up in the charts doesnt mean nobody likes these guys here.

Australia happens to be BOTH a country and an entire continent.

And just because it's called the United States doesn't mean it isn't a country, most other countries are made up of states or provinces, but that doesn't mean they aren't countries.

I've only actually been to concerts in the US, but man were the fans in Detroit a disappointment....Chicago was fine, Detroit was disappointing...scads of people actually sitting thru the whole thing,even 'heckling' during the political stuff. wtf?

I can't see how the Australians are anything but great fans; it's always seemed to me that the Aussies are just great at being fans actually, from the little I can see. Did people notice how gorgeous they were as 'fans' in the stands at the last Olympics they hosted, for instance? clearly into it, but not over the top...

cheers!

U2Man said:
Chizip's thread was a joke. This isn't.

Discuss.
Obviously the answer is Hawaii (it's practically its own country).
We give you a concert and you can't even fill the Stade de Alohas N' Pienapples. Way to go, guyyyyz - hope you enjoy your only U2 shows - evar.

What is this, Popmart?

AM I RITE?

Canadiens1160 said:
Obviously the answer is Hawaii (it's practically its own country).
We give you a concert and you can't even fill the Stade de Alohas N' Pienapples. Way to go, guyyyyz - hope you enjoy your only U2 shows - evar.

What is this, Popmart?

AM I RITE?

:drool:

(North and South) Korea :rockon:

there's a reason why U2 hasn't toured Korea yet.. it's because of the fans. :tsk:

They dont really put up any arguement why they hate bono/U2 - I've seen worse threads where people bash U2 much worse.

In comparison with other countries, I would say Australia has the least amount of anti-U2 folk.

Halifax said:

Unfortunately, there is some U2 hate in Australia:

http://forums.hyperactive.com.au/showthread.php?t=5304

I know, I shouldn't care what these guys think, but things like this make me want to punch the screen :mad:!

Back
Top Bottom