What country has the BEST U2 fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VertigoGal said:
Americans, obviously.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As has been stated multiple times, we are superior in every aspect of living and being

Really ? I thought it was only in 'accomplishing missions' .

Last edited:
We're pretty good at that too, thanks for noticing. :hmm:

Back on topic...Bono loves America so much that he gave one of his favorite songs---Sunday Bloody Sunday---to us! Well that's what he said at the concert, anyway.

VertigoGal said:
Americans, obviously. As has been stated multiple times, we are superior in every aspect of living and being, U2 fandom included.

As for states...I'm going to have to go with sweet home Georgia (honorable mention to those in the great state of Canadia. Mostly cos I feel sorry for them :shh: ).

shuvel2fg.jpg

U2Torrents provides statics about the Top Ten countries in terms of registered users in the site. Dividing those figures by the population of the country and multiplying by 1,000,000, we’ve got a ratio (number of users per million for each of those countries.)

USA
Registered Users: 3475
Population: 296,483,000
Ratio: 11.72

Netherlands
Registered Users: 1080
Population: 16,296,000
Ratio: 66.27

France
Registered Users: 952
Population: 60,742,000
Ratio: 15.67

Spain
Registered Users: 811
Population: 43,484,000
Ratio: 18.65

UK
Registered Users: 721
Population: 60,068,000
Ratio: 12.00

Canada
Registered Users: 609
Population: 31,902,000
Ratio: 19.09

Italy
Registered Users: 531
Population: 58,742,000
Ratio: 9.04

Germany
Registered Users: 415
Population: 82,490,000
Ratio: 5.03

Chile
Registered Users: 357
Population: 16,136,000
Ratio: 22.12

Poland
Registered Users: 353
Population: 38,163,000
Ratio: 9.25

RATIO RANKING

01 Netherlands 66.27
02 Chile 22.12
03 Canada 19.09
04 Spain 18.65
05 France 15.67
06 UK 12.00
07 USA 11.72
08 Poland 9.25
09 Italy 9.04
10 Germany 5.03

Smaller countries such as Ireland don’t appear because their total registered users isn’t enough. And other variables should be taken in account. But I think is enough to say that Netherlands fans seems to be the most dedicated.

Sources: U2Torrents & Population Reference Bureau

America has by far the most users, more than 3 times any other country

we win again!

Chizip said:
America has by far the most users, more than 3 times any other country

It's not 'America' that has most users , its USA , for Christ's sake how many times will we have to give this bloody 'geography' lesson again . US is a country , not America , America is a CONTINENT , here take a lot this and see what's america :

AMERICA

Antigua e Barbuda
Argentina
Baamas
Barbados
Belize
Bolivia
Brasil
Canada
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominica
Republica Dominicana
Equador
United States
Granada
Guatemala
Guiana
Haiti
Honduras
Jamaica
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Paraguai
Peru
Salvador
Santa Lucia
São Cristóvão e Nevis
São Vicente e Granadinas
Suriname
Trindade e Tobago
Uruguai
Venezuela

Got it ? Thanks for ya time again folks.

America is not a continent. It is an accepted short form for 'United States of America'. North America is a continent, as is South America. They are separate continents.

And as for the original thread, I don't know, I think Chizzer's just trying to lead into St Louis somehow.

yertle-the-turtle said:
America is not a continent. It is an accepted short form for 'United States of America'. North America is a continent, as is South America. They are separate continents.

And as for the original thread, I don't know, I think Chizzer's just trying to lead into St Louis somehow.

Well you make a good point

Now that we have determined America is the country with the best fans, and that Missouri is the state with the best fans, what city in Missouri has the best fans?

I gotta go with St. Louis.

Now some of you may say since I live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA that I am biased, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I have done extensive research on this issue, and the fact that I live in the same city that has the best U2 fans is purely coincidental.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:

separated , well at least not phisically .

800px-LocationAmericas.png

BTW you know what would be really funny, if there was an united states in europe , and if they started calling their country Europe .

Thanks to post this map, some people here need geographical lessons, and graphically explained too...

By the way , USA crowds are boring ....

MEXICO, BRAZIL, CHILE crowds rockssss merciless !!

U2 LOVES really these countries, rather USA only means $$$$$ for any band, person, or entity.

DarkAcrobat said:

By the way , USA crowds are boring ....

MEXICO, BRAZIL, CHILE crowds rockssss merciless !!

U2 LOVES really these countries, rather USA only means $$$$$ for any band, person, or entity.

Clearly.

How did the Elevation tour go for Mexico, Brazil, and Chile?

I and I in the said:

Clearly.

It didn't. They went to "America" instead to make loads of money.

But when they do come here (South America) they play the best gigs of any tour, including songs rarely (The First Time) or never (Desire, Love is Blindness and Love Rescue Me snippets) played.

I and I in the said:

Clearly.

That was an arena stage tour for medium audiences from 10 to 20 thousand people.

The audiences in Mexico , and South America are massive audiences.

U2 needs stadiums, above 50,000 capacity, to play here.

Elevation tour wasn't appropiate for stadium stages, Paul McGuinness, said it.

And, yes, U2 makes money in the USA, and after comes here to relax, have fun, and give us the best setlists and performances of the entire tour.

What a pleasure !!! :wink:

U2_Guy said:
It's so obvious...

Brazil.......... Argentina, Chile, Italy, Portugal, Spain. Latin countries basically, where people are actually alive.

When U2 play countries like this, it's like The Beatles playing Ed Sullivan, believe me.

BTW, like Superman, i'm back from years of absence.

Cheers

don't go dragging me into this :mad:

J_NP said:

separated , well at least not phisically .

800px-LocationAmericas.png

BTW you know what would be really funny, if there was an united states in europe , and if they started calling their country Europe .

listen here, brother. i am a real american, and i say that americans are from the united states, and are by far the greatest in everything, brother.

love
-hulk hogan

Superman said:

don't go dragging me into this :mad:

You're NOT Supes Tom Welling!! LOL

BTW, the S logo is wrong. You need to catch up with my new logo kid!

DarkAcrobat said:

That was an arena stage tour for medium audiences from 10 to 20 thousand people.

The audiences in Mexico , and South America are massive audiences.

U2 needs stadiums, above 50,000 capacity, to play here.

Elevation tour wasn't appropiate for stadium stages, Paul McGuinness, said it.

And, yes, U2 makes money in the USA, and after comes here to relax, have fun, and give us the best setlists and performances of the entire tour.

What a pleasure !!! :wink:

Thats right and true , u can even see that their different stage for the outdoors , on the dvd it felt weird , it wasn't a right stage for a big audience , wasn't the right show for a big audience .

Besides in 20 years , which tour u think will be remembered the most ?

Bono loves America and America loves Bono, but the best crowd is definitely on Ireland. The irish fans really enjoy the shows. See the dvd's! the american crowd is so cold, and the irish is so... awesome!!!

J_NP said:

Besides in 20 years , which tour u think will be remembered the most ?

Zoo Tv and Vertigo Tour, for sure.

And i believe Popmart will be best remembered than the Elevation Tour as well (it was huge everywhere BUT the US... Americans never got Pop well...)

Back
Top Bottom