What BOMB songs will be played on the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'd be nice if they'd put out an album where they felt strongly about the songs so much that they'd play 10 songs from the album on the first night of the next tour.. like they did for ZooTV.

david said:
It'd be nice if they'd put out an album where they felt strongly about the songs so much that they'd play 10 songs from the album on the first night of the next tour.. like they did for ZooTV.

I think it's funny that they did that for Pop (in fact, they did 11, not 10, outdoing ZooTV) and yet now they seem to almost disown the album.

Vertigo is a certainty as is City of Blinding Lights. They've become the Elevation and Beautiful Day of this tour, and Elevation and Beautiful Day both stayed on.

As for the others, I think we will see Original of the Species a fair few times, considering it's Bono and Edge's favourite song off the album, I would have been pretty sure Love and Peace or Else was looking to become a staple because it was played at every show until the last few shows. Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own I can see getting played, I reckon Fast Cars could make it often because half the world never got it, and it's almost the forgotten Bomb track. I think it'll get reworked and played.

How about The Saints are Coming and Window in the Skies? Do we think they will be played?

Axver said:

I think it's funny that they did that for Pop (in fact, they did 11, not 10, outdoing ZooTV) and yet now they seem to almost disown the album.

Maybe they were trying to boost sales at the time?

</cynic>

COBL_04 said:
How about The Saints are Coming and Window in the Skies? Do we think they will be played?

Good question.

I think it's too early to tell, but I don't see either one becoming a staple. Saints is a cover, and WITS is quite challenging to play. If pressed, I'd say WITS has the best chance of becoming a staple.

Interesting enough as well is that correct if I'm wrong , but Bomb was the only album after Achtung that made 4 songs off it played in a roll ....... like in the Vertigo Encore with : OoTS , ABOY , Yahweh and Vertigo

Back
Top Bottom