What B sides have I missed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Macphisto-UK

The Fly
I was listening to Are YOu gonan wait forever today and boy does that sound good.

Anyway, as a new fan (started in 2001) I wondered what over great B sides I may have missed.

Cos literally all I have is the albums the dvd's and a few bootlegs.

Is there any classic b sides I'm missing out on.

Loads. You should get your hands on the Best of 1980-1990 and Best of 1990's compilations - but make sure you get the limited editions ones with the second CD's included which have most of the better B-sides.

Or else just download 'em from i-Tunes!

financeguy said:
Loads. You should get your hands on the Best of 1980-1990 and Best of 1990's compilations - but make sure you get the limited editions ones with the second CD's included which have most of the better B-sides.

Or else just download 'em from i-Tunes!

I already have the best of with b sides, meant apart from that.

Oh sorry I misunderstood you! Well then you've got most of the better ones already. There's a few earlier ones like Boomerang I and II (from 1984 I think) that are worth checking out, or maybe Treasure (Whatever happened to Pete the Chop) from 1983.

"Where did it all go Wrong", a B-Side on the Even Better than the Real Thing single, is another one that springs to mind...

Last edited:
I can't remember what's on the b-sides discs, but these are my favourites: Things To Make And Do, Endless Deep, Bass Trap, Boomerangs I and II, Spanish Eyes, Luminous Times, Dancing Barefoot (a cover), Where Did It All Go Wrong?, Lady With The Spinning Head, Always.

F**k yeah can't believe I forgot that one. Also what about Bono's version of Can't Help Falling in Love?

financeguy said:
F**k yeah can't believe I forgot that one. Also what about Bono's version of Can't Help Falling in Love?

Only truly great during the live preformences for me. The b-side isnt all that good, goes on far too long.

Make sure you get the single for "One", with the original version of Lady With The Spinning Head, Satallite of Love, and Night and Day.

Holy Joe (not the one on the best of), North and South of the River, Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk (Korova 1), Where Did It All Go Wrong, Salome (non-remix)...

There's tons of good ones.

My vote goes for "North and South of the River"

Also any of the "unreleased" tracks from the Complete U2 are awesome.

Regardless of what many others think, I'm a big fan of both the Paint It Black and Fortunate Son covers on the Wild Horses single.

Don't Take Your Guns To Town on the Elevation single is good.

Back
Top Bottom