What Are You Hoping For From The Vertigo Video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lo-Fi

War Child
Personally I hope it's in the vien of The Fly, just stripped back and just a basic performance video, they're a great band to watch and don't need any type of dressing up or special fx. I really hope it's not another Elevation video!

There are some inventive videos coming out these days, I love what the White Stripes have done. So I hope it something minimal but powerful.

No more black and white moody concepty videos please a la Electrical Storm.

I am hoping it isn't something overly big budget.. because the detractors will just accuse U2 of "trying too hard." Something maybe like the style of "Electrical Storm" mixed with maybe the "One' video in a bar interspersed with scenes of the band in the studio... I dunno. That's just off the top of my head.

I predict/hope that the video will be similar to that of "Hands that built America", but in colour this time, and the band members will be standing (except Larry), acting like there were having a rocking good time during the shooting of the vid. I could care less about the special f/x and stuff like that.

Last edited:
I think maybe with a big movie director, they aren't going for a simple performance video, but rather something flashy and innovative (a la Mysterious ways with that "glass" effect or Staring at the sun with the shiny lights all around) or they could be going for something with a story/more arty approach (a la Stay, All I want is you).

Let's face it. All of us would be quite content with a simple video akin to Hands that built America. But U2 is spending 10 mill on advertising for this album. I think they will spend a considerable amount on this video. Which leads me to the conclusion that the video will be "overproduced" and geared to the masses.

As long as it's not as stupid as the "Stuck in a Moment" video, I'll be happy.

Bitches and hos with some mo' bling bling... Elevation did not have enuff...

PLEASE, GOD! NO MORE PERFORMANCE VIDEOS or BLACK & WHITE VIDEOS, unless the best they can do is Joseph "I Make Crappy U2 Videos" Kahn (sp). I'd prefer the black & white stuff or performance stuff over his terrible ideas...

boosterjuice said:

The football one :crack: or the other one? :wink:

Eh.....a performance video where they look like they're enjoying themselves would be nice? I was just watching one of the Walk On videos and they look like they don't wanna be there. :|

boosterjuice said:

Are you referring to the American football version? If so, I agree. That definitely is not one of my favourite videos. I liked the original video version of Stuck, though!

GibsonGirl said:

Are you referring to the American football version? If so, I agree. That definitely is not one of my favourite videos. I liked the original video version of Stuck, though!

the one where Bono keeps tumbling out of the van? i wonder why is he getting thrown out of a van....what did he do? lol

I imagine there will be some performance footage of the band in an area that has the general tone and feel of the album, as well as lots of shots of the band just standing and walking around.

Basically, the "Beautiful Day" video. Which is actually one of my favorite videos ever.

The_acrobat said:
I imagine there will be some performance footage of the band in an area that has the general tone and feel of the album, as well as lots of shots of the band just standing and walking around.

Basically, the "Beautiful Day" video. Which is actually one of my favorite videos ever.

The lighting in Beautiful Day was amazing.

the first promo shots from their new video have emerged...

lambs.jpg

starsgoblue said:

the one where Bono keeps tumbling out of the van? i wonder why is he getting thrown out of a van....what did he do? lol

I don't quite understand it either, but I think the football one is rather silly. The first video had a much more artistic feel about it.

GibsonGirl said:

I don't quite understand it either, but I think the football one is rather silly. The first video had a much more artistic feel about it.

I agree, it was like he kept trying to get back on his feet and couldn't. The football one...he got to his feet too often!

GibsonGirl said:

YEs, the American football version. How silly was that video??? I hope they don't do something stupid like that.

starsgoblue said:
Yeah what the heck is the story with the lambs? I've seen those before? I don't get it.

The band received an award in Dublin on St Patrick's Day 2000 called Freedom of the City. With that award comes the right to graze sheep on public land. :shrug: Bono being Bono, immediately declared that he wanted to graze sheep on St Stephen's Green the next day. That's what those pics are from. :laugh:

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=540

http://www.dassk.org/contents.php?id=794

Last edited:
Well, i should be happy with the Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10” - Lisbon video.

Anyway, i love performance videos (thinking about how i like the new "irish blood, english heart" video from morrissey), so i would love to see that HQ video (live) as the official one. Why not? Didn't you want rock? That would be a rocking video.

Back
Top Bottom