what are the 'one, WOWY,Streets,prides' of this album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chintito

The Fly
NOw that alot of us have digested this album (tho it'll take alot more time for me yet) when the dust settlles which songs do you guys think will go down as classics? Not U2 classics but general timeless classics. Songs that people will be hearing on mainstream radio in 5-10 years time.

every album of theirs but POP i think has produced a handful of such songs. JT had 3 (WOWY, Streets,SHFWILF) AB had 3 (EBTTRT, One,mysterious ways). i'll predict a further 3 from this one ( original of the species , COBL and sometimes , tho not quite sure abt the last one).
what do others think?

Last edited:
I think the CLASSICS from this album will be Miracle Drug, maybe ABOY, and maybe Vertigo. Honestly, though COBL and SYCMIOYO are great songs, I dont see them becoming classic U2 songs. IMHO:wink:

Well, Vertigo's got itself a place in history, I think. And I hope COBL does, because I love it. Possibly Miracle Drug. We'll have to wait and see. :D

Sometimes You Can't make it surely won't make it. I would like to hear the version without the terrible falsetto "Its you when I look in the mirror...." rubbish. Yep I would love to hear the version that hasn't got that in it.

I think Sometimes might do it, although I wonder how it would be recieved by people who don't know the story behind it. But this really could be huge.

Oots, maybe, it's not unthinkable

LAPOE, could be on radio waves for years, it is such a kick ass song!

COBL, perhaps a little dated, so maybe not.

Really tho, this is like star gazing. I would have picked Red Hill Mining Town over ISHFWILF on Joshua Tree, Like a Song over Two Hearts on War, but really only time will tell. But my pick is Sometimes.

And perhaps you're right rjhbonovox, the falsetto's may not be too well recieved by the rest of the world. Us U2 fans accept them, but others could percieve them as sounding a trifle, um, gay? We'll see.

Last edited:
The "Streets" of this album is COBL...they have VERY similar feels.

I could easily see COBL being the song this tour that transitions into Streets.

I would consider One to be their last general timeless classic, which was now 4 albums ago....so its possible there aren't any general timeless classics on this one. If there was tho (and I agree, it depends a lot on how these songs develop live and letting them soak in), I think OOTS has the "catchiness" that can make it a classic.

ABOY is definately kick-ass & should certainly make it to the "classics" list. And I honestly think AM&AW will make it. At least I hope so... I think the lyrics, delivery, & music are all just right. :up: :heart:

When B sings "How can I hurt when I'm holding you?", oh God!! - I just melt!!!! :drool: :combust:

I dont like to compare other U2 songs to these four undeniable and irreplacable classics. Its not that nothing on the Bomb wont reach that status but every song has its own story and its own expierience to go with it and none of them compare to the other.

I think Miracle Drug and SCYCMIOYO are the only "classics" on first listens, that by no means demeans any of the other stuff on the record but I need to expierience the album more. However, Miracle Drug is absolutely spectacular and I also think "A Man And A Woman" is going to be high on my list as well.

Fast Cars musically is one of the most adventurous tracks they've ever recorded. Shame its not included on the "actual" album instead of just as a bonus track. Too many people will end up missing out on it.

Back
Top Bottom