What are the best shows from 3rd leg of Elevation Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, in October alone, there were the New York, Chicago, and Providence dates. I like the last show in Miami too.

The SLC show on the 9th of Nov. was way better than the Vegas show. It was cool seeing Gwen come out and sing with Bono at the end of the show, but slc is still better

...Osama Bin Laden can kiss my royal Irish Arse...

Bono, Nov. 9, 2001

Everyone is talking about that Vegas show... Anyone that has a good bootleg of this would be nice enough to make a copy for me? A friend of mine saw this show (the only U2 show he ever saw) and he would FLIP OUT if I would get him a copy of it. Please send me an e-mail at e_lego@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Oceane

Front row @both Vegas and SLC and believe me, SLC was the far superior show. The crowd in the heart in vegas was pretty lackluster. never forget that SLC show. maybe it was sleeping overnight with a $20 sleeping bag in below freezing temperatures made it more worth it, but who knows.

And of course
.....and he can kiss my royal IRISH ARSE!!!!!!!

Being at the tip of the heart for Providence (1) was great. U2 had just come out of New York and their spirits were soaring.

Setlist and performance wise I would say Baltimore 10-18-01 (full band Please), 10-31-01 Providence (Larry's birthday, Slow Dancing and Party Girl both performed) , 11-16-01 Oakland (Slow Dancing, A Sort Of Homecoming) and Miami 12-2-01 (In God's Country, My Sweet Lord, Knockin On Heavens Door).

Quality wise 10-10-01 Notre Dame (the satellite direct feed, not the webcast, absolutely perfect quality) is the best quality of the 3rd leg to surface. Good audience recordings of most of the other shows also, in particular all 3 NY shows, KC, and St. Louis.

I was at the Sacramento show and I can tell you it was a very loose set and the band enjoyed playing there. Bono commented all night long about how much he liked being in Sac and wished they had visited before (uh, they already had on the Zoo TV Tour). I have the boot and, of course, it's one of my all time favorites! Good sound on the boot too.

Blue Room said:
10-31-01 Providence (Larry's birthday, Slow Dancing and Party Girl both performed) , 11-16-01 Oakland (Slow Dancing, A Sort Of Homecoming) and Miami 12-2-01 (In God's Country, My Sweet Lord, Knockin On Heavens Door).

Yup!! :heart:

marik said:
did edge really say that? was it stated after the tour was over, or in the middle of it?

Hmm I dont know...

Here is what he said:

Which shows proved the most memorable for you?
Edge: A couple early on stood out for me. Canada, quite early on, at the Montreal show, it was unbelievable. Just like lighting the blue touch paper and....Bang! They were an astonishing crowd. Its always been a great town for us, but this time out, I'c say they almost rivalled the Slane audience. It was just on fire; the show went off in a major way...

I think he's talking about the first leg....But still the October show was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom