What are the best seats you've ever had??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone ever have first 2-3 rows and if so how???

Hands down my best seats came from propaganda! Nice and close and to the side...... Hope they'll do it again!

2nd row in the heart right smack in front of bono......2nd best was the first dallas show where i was 5-6 rows back in the heart between bono and edge

1st Row (Center) Popmart Dallas.

Had a friend who worked at Blockbuster music...bought 1 tix.

1st row in the heart, Elevation Dallas.
Waited in the GA line for 14 hours.

waited for 3 days in line in Madison for Zoo TV outside broadcast and got 12th row which was awesome in that huge of a venue. But the best has to be up against the rail inside the heart about 5 feet away from the band in Minneapolis, Portland, and Milwaukee.

wormwood said:
1st Row (Center) Popmart Dallas.

Had a friend who worked at Blockbuster music...bought 1 tix.

1st row in the heart, Elevation Dallas.
Waited in the GA line for 14 hours.

i waited for 14+ hours in dallas too for the second show. i was number 57

Third row in the heart in Vegas :love:

Second row from the outside of the heart near the tip in Oakland :love:

Second Row center for the 2nd night in Edmonton of the Popmart tour. First row on the side in Calgary first night Elevation tour.
I could see a rip in Bonos jacket on the shoulder for the Pormart tour. Its so cool i was able to buy a copy of the show from someone off of ebay and i can see myself!!

The best "seats" I've ever had for a U2 show were both on the Elevation Tour. For the Houston show I was in the heart, row 1, right in the middle against the barricade, Bono's feet were right in front of me; waited in line about 18 hours for that one. For the second New York City show I was at the outside tip of the heart, right against the barricade. Both shows were amazing!

james

one4u2 said:
Anyone ever have first 2-3 rows and if so how???

Hands down my best seats came from propaganda! Nice and close and to the side...... Hope they'll do it again!

With you as always...Propaganda 1st row 1st tier. Although when we hooked up with those guys who were right next to the ramp during ZooTV for a couple of minutes they were good seats.

Too short for GA tickets although one show this year we are doing it!!!!!!!

ZOO TV SYDNEY NOV 27

FRONT ROW NEXT TO BARRIER.

Me and my g-friend (now my wife) lines up from 8am outside on the day. When they opened the dorrs we RAN across the field and waited in the sun all day. It was worth it!

2nd row dead center 6-29-97 Chicago
3rd row right in front of Adam's Mic stand 9-9-92 Detroit
Various spots in the heart for 8 out of the 9 Elevation shows I attended.

Worst seats I have had was my first U2 show 10-30-87 Chicago. I was about 2 rows from the ceiling in the back of the Rosemont.

Last edited:
front row, right next to the tunnel from which the band came out 6-3 -01 in hartford. bono waved to me, and larry smiled/waved to my sister.

also was two rows back from the tip of the heart 10-28-01 in east ruthersford.

I was right over the tunnel in NJ also. I was so close I have really good pictures of them coming out, you can see the mic in bonos ear!

Tip of heart in Atlanta and Vegas...
I touched Bono's pants:hyper:
I was too freaked out to grab his hand:huh:

The best seat is NO seat! Hard to talk of 'rows' when it's GA, but for sure a GA floor is the best. Personally I got first row right in front of Bono Elevation Montreal 1, and first row right at the tip of the heart Elevation Montreal 3 ( I was even in one of bono's pictures in the newspapers!). Can't ask for more...

This one time in Las Vegas 1997 at the first ever PopMart show, I got tiddly wasted and made my way down to the front. The security guards were real sweet and carried me to the front. I even mingled with the people in the VIP section...who they were I will never know.

This other time in Seattle December 1997, as I was walking to the show this couple came up to me and offered me a floor seat, one of their parties couldn't make it so she just sold it to me for ticket price (no scalpers!!!). I had a floor seat but since I'm so short and tiny, everyone blocked my view and kept stomping all over me so I snuck up as far as I can, and what do you know, people did not notice me, or mind, moving to the very front. Bono even jumped into the crowd and held his guitar up, and the crowd stampeded forward-almost smothering me to death, I got to reach out and touch the hem of his jacket. Some nice guy caught me and put me back on my chair. I never did quite catch my breath and ever since, my heart has not beaten a regular beat.

"I love you, Bono!"
Bono, "I love you too."

First row on the rail, Nov. 23 2001, Phoenix AZ. I got them by sleeping on the sidewalk Thanksgiving night outside America West arena. It all paid off though, great show...and I met my future wife as she was standing beside me on the rail.

Love you Laurie.

I have to admit, I do not like General Admission because so many people are there soooo early and are bigger than me, that they push me away from the front. I had GA at Seattle April 2001 and I literally had to FIGHT for my spot. People were elbowing me back too! Definitely not people that were real U2 fans...that's for sure, they didn't even know who Blue was when Bono brought her out on stage. They didn't even know the words to the new U2 songs, like New York.
I would like a backstage pass so I can actually meet U2 before I die but I don't know the tricks for those and I don't know how anyone could get one. I don't mind paying $50-$100 for a U2 ticket, plus having to pay for airfare from Anchorage to whereever U2 are playing, be it Seattle or Vegas. BUT cmon now, jees, I just want to meet the band. Does anyone know how to get backstage in order to do that?

womanfish said:
waited for 3 days in line in Madison for Zoo TV outside broadcast and got 12th row which was awesome in that huge of a venue. But the best has to be up against the rail inside the heart about 5 feet away from the band in Minneapolis, Portland, and Milwaukee.
Camp Randall Stadium, September 1992!!! I was there for my first U2 show w/my best friend!!!! But we had absolute CRAP seats -- allll the way at the back of the stadium, slightly right of the stage, about 5-6 rows down from the very top seats. Thank God for the giant TV screens, 'cuz the guys looked really teeny tiny from our viewpoint. But we didn't care - we were in the vicinity of greatness & that was good enough for us!!!

Our best seats (me & best friend again) were at Charlotte for Elevation. 2nd row of seating (up off the floor where the heart was) just off the right of the heart's point.

Funny (?) thing is, we bought cheap seats for Zoo TV cuz we were broke, swore we'd do better next time - and we did! BUT, could have paid less money for Elevation & would have been able to make our my way to the heart in the GA crowd instead of just looking longingly down at them from our good seats - go figure.

I have decided that this tour, though, I WILL see them at least twice - one time in the "cheap" seats and once in the best the venue has to offer. You only go 'round once, right? :) :heart: :heart:

Tip of the heart in Milwaukee, front row.

I had the $85 seats on the side of the arena, but when we got there, my buddies and I decided to trade our tickets to a scalper for general admission tickets. We just walked on in and got an awesome place to stand. :up:

10-24-01 at the Garden. Five people down from the tip of the heart on the outside. Edge and Bono jousted right in front of us. Second best was back of the heart at the 10-27-01 show. Got to touch hands with all the firefighters as Bono led them around the heart. Very cool and very emotional. Back of the heart was good because you were close but still have room to jump around and dance without people rubbing up against you.

4-5 people in front of us. Right in front of Edge. In the heart. Adam made eye contact w/us (my husband). We waited 12 hours. Two hours in the rain. We had to bring our umbrellas back to the car. We were drenched and freezing. As soon as Bono came on stage he through more water on us!!
Tickets were through Prop. Next to my wedding night, it was the best night of my life!!!

Both times that I have seen U2 at ANZ stadium in Brisbane I have had 'standing' seats right near the acousitc stages....so awesome seats and let me put it this way that when they came out onto that little stage and out of the lemon I was able to tell what chords Edge was playing!!!!!. ZooTV and Pop are the shows that I went to and I guess it is easier to get good seats here in Australia, as long as you front up to the ticket office early on the day they go on sale. There are not as many people wanting them as we have a small population....I am hoping that with the new tour they dont do the stadiums here again, I would much prefer to get a seat at a smaller venue and as soon as the tour is announced I will try and make friends with someone who works at Ticketek:wink:

Back
Top Bottom