What are the best seats you've ever had??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xtal said:
Definitely not people that were real U2 fans...that's for sure,

While this instance may be accurate, one of my biggest annoyances about GA and the heart situation was the "U2 is my god, Bono loves me, I am here to have a transendental experience, me over you...blah" hardcore U2 fans. On several occasions in multiple countries I ran into these types (a couple of times the same ones). Quite a buzz kill. The ones that take it too damn serious. I mean, hell we all love the band...just they did not write Acrobat for you and want you on the front rail.

We all know who they are. The line Nazi's...the elbowers...

For me personally tarnished the GA experience, but the positives outweighed the negatives. Hell I did it 10 times.

MY best seats were in providence elevation Oct 30 - front row in front of the stage directly between Edge and Bono...well worth the day long GA wait!

The most surreal experience was when I managed to finagle myself a press pass for the Oct 16 show that I was out in chicago with April for. I was able to be in the pathway between the center of the heart and the actual heart itself. Got some GREAT pictures, but I have to admit I was a little frozen up at first before I got my bearings!

munich / olympiahalle, may 1992 direct in front of the b-stage. i smelled the smell of all of them ;-)

Oh wait, SEATS, I thought you said something else :wink:

OzAurora said:
I guess it is easier to get good seats here in Australia, as long as you front up to the ticket office early on the day they go on sale. There are not as many people wanting them as we have a small population....

That's easy for you to say Brisbane girl.... Sydney is a bit different. Popmart Sydney sold out 40,000+ seats in no time. However, I did score front row. Right in the corner of the start of the ramp and the main stage. No need to say that it was awesome. That involved 'only' a 14hour wait though. 7pm till the following 9am when tickets went on sale.

3rd row in the heart in Calgary and 4th row in LA. Calgary was my first show and it was surreal watching U2 walk out 10 feet in front of me.

cmb737 said:

We all know who they are. The line Nazi's...the elbowers...

For me personally tarnished the GA experience, but the positives outweighed the negatives. Hell I did it 10 times.

Oh yes I remember them well :mad: but I did it 7 times myself. Though it's a bit hard on us old folks having to stand up all day in line and then all through the waiting and the opening act. By the time the band took the stage I was running on pure adrenaline. Any senior citizens' benefits for us old time fans, U2?;)

My best 'seats' were not seats, but the outside rail at the tip of the heart, DC 2, and second person back from the outside tip, DC 1 and Atlanta. Bono jumped into the crowd right on top of me :happy:

I got a really comfy chair with excellent view on the tv

xtal said:
I have to admit, I do not like General Admission because so many people are there soooo early and are bigger than me, that they push me away from the front. I had GA at Seattle April 2001 and I literally had to FIGHT for my spot. People were elbowing me back too! Definitely not people that were real U2 fans...that's for sure, they didn't even know who Blue was when Bono brought her out on stage. They didn't even know the words to the new U2 songs, like New York.
I would like a backstage pass so I can actually meet U2 before I die but I don't know the tricks for those and I don't know how anyone could get one. I don't mind paying $50-$100 for a U2 ticket, plus having to pay for airfare from Anchorage to whereever U2 are playing, be it Seattle or Vegas. BUT cmon now, jees, I just want to meet the band. Does anyone know how to get backstage in order to do that?

No but if you every find out please send me a PM. Okay.

cape town popmart - on the barrier of the ramp that led to the b-stage! had golden circle tix and i only got in queue about 2 hours before gates opened (had to be at school).
found an entrance at the back that no one was paying much attention to, got near the front of the queue and ran when they let me in.
it was great - if we reached over we could touch the stage! and as he walked past, edge winked at us (or so i like to think :) )

Seabird said:
My best 'seats' were not seats, but the outside rail at the tip of the heart, DC 2, and second person back from the outside tip, DC 1 and Atlanta. Bono jumped into the crowd right on top of me :happy:

Was that at the 1st Atlanta show? I was there! On the right side of the tip facing the stage, touching his knee while others were grabbing his hand...:D

My best spot was actually at my first U2 show, front and center in GA, Elevation Tour Houston, TX on April 2nd 2001. It was truly surreal... I eventually ended up on stage although I still don't believe it happened.

The second best was in San Jose, CA--I was in GA about the center of the heart.

I do have a question (I guess this is an appropriate spot for it)... I have always used Propaganda for my tickets but they've called it quits correct? I'm just making sure because I've been living in U2 deprivation and am a bit uninformed...

U2dork said:

Was that at the 1st Atlanta show? I was there! On the right side of the tip facing the stage, touching his knee while others were grabbing his hand...:D

Sounds like you had fun! :up: No I was at the second Atlanta :grumpy: It was the DC show he jumped on me! The first time he jumped I touched his leg :love: In Atlanta I was standing next to the guy whose flag he took and hugged so I got real close to his face, but I never got to touch him.

Nosebleed seats, both on 6/5/01 and 6/8/01 in Boston. Honestly, I had pretty much the same section for both shows, way up in the rafters. It was still fun, of course, because these were both my first concerts and my first U2 concerts, but they really did suck (the seats, not the guys).

How in the hell do you get good tickets? There's no way I want to end up in the same situation for my third (and fourth?) U2 show. I don't think I want to pressure myself with GA, but...there has to be some way for an ordinary Joe to get seating on the floor.

Last edited:
At the tip of the heart in Chicago. It was unbelievable being that close. I heard Edge's foot when he stomped during UTEOTW and everything. :drool:

sorry i missed you Aurora. I was near the Bstage at Brisbane Popmart. I've only seen U2 twice and I've told my "a funny thing happened on the way to the U2 concert" stories here before. But each time it was a grand adventure and I ended up with much better seats (standing) than what I had bought and been allocated.
I could see the sweat dripping off the end of Bono's nose and the rhinestsones on Edge's white shirt at Popmart. I couldn't believe how our bad luck turned into good luck :morehappymemories:

You make me cry :sad: :sad: :sad:
I've never seen them live :( and I don't get over it.

I'm a fan since 2000 (this bothers me even more, but maybe I am too young : ) and the Elevation Tour was sold out in 15 minutes here in Germany - so no chance :( I couldn't even start the website, where they were offered....

But next time everything will change (hope so : ). At least 2 shows, and I wouldn't mind seeing them at Croke Park, Dublin....:drool:

Up in the first few rows of the first level off the floor at the Sports Arena in LA on the UF tour. We were on Adam's side, a row or two behind Richard Blade, a lame DJ for KROQ at the time. :hmm: It could have been on the floor risers; I'm not really sure I guess. It was a long time ago. :huh:

SLC Elevation seats were similar, but on Edge's side and higher.

I don't like GA. I'm short, and I can't take time off from work to wait in line all day. It doesn't bother me, though.

Back
Top Bottom