What are people's thoughts on the next two U2 music videos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...and while we're writing them out, Corbijn:

One - the drag version
Please
Electrical storm
(I read on U2 tour.de he also did a version for Pride - not the seppia colored one in the theatre)

Meiert Avis:

U2 A Celebration
U2 All I Want Is You
U2 Gloria
U2 I Will Follow
U2 New Year's Day
U2 The Unforgettable Fire
U2 Two Hearts Beat As One
U2 Where The Streets Have No Name
U2 With Or Without You (version 1: castle version)

U2DMfan said:
For the love of God, NO JOSEPH KAHN!!!!!> Elevation, worst U2 video ever and that is saying something.

Wow, that one certainly gets a lot of hate. I didn't mind it, it's a fun movie-inspired video.
I especially like the slow-motion in the "love, lift me up of these blues..." bit when the car looks like it's about to blow up against Bono, and that Edge got a bigger role than usual.

His Stuck video though, does leave me cold.

General consensus, if I'm not mistaken is that Last night on earth is their worst ever.

Last edited:
LNOE just makes me laugh! Stay is probably my fave. Just the 1st moment where Bono whispers into the girls ear what to sing....I love it. Fantastic video.

The Elevation video is awful. THAT'S the one they should've made different versions of....not Stuck!

What does Edge say, something about "If you.......? you can have your key back". Awful. Dreadful. Terrible. I cringe whenever I watch it.

Stay is my fave too, along with bar version of One and the European version of Stuck in a moment.

Honorable mention Beautiful day.

Flying FuManchu said:
Wasn't "Last Night On Earth" supposed to be "artistic?" That was one of the worst videos ever. Don't mind artistry but would prefer a straight up performance video if an artsy video produces trash like Last Night... Though Last Night on Earth probably was meant to be trashy...

I don't know, I thing Last Night On Earth maybe didn't work too well but they were trying to do something interesting that maybe didn't quite come off.....

99% of videos that you see on MTV (or anywhere else) are just boring and formulaic. Just a bunch of dancing girls that think they know about R&B but really haven't a f**king clue (like Beyounce, C. Aguliera et al).

"Stay" was probably the best video they ever did (and yes, it was quite arty) but how often do you see it on TV? Personally I'd rather see the band do interesting and "artistic" videos, I don't care if they are never played on MTV.

Back
Top Bottom