What are all of their houses/apartments/etc.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
Anybody know how many residences they each own/rent? I know that Edge has a home in Malibu. I know some of them have a homes in the south of France and some have apartments in NYC. And of course they each have homes in Ireland. I know that Larry has 2 homes in Ireland right next to eachother and he is planning to make them into one big house. But any other residences?

Bono: Ireland, South France, NYC
Edge: Irelend, South France, Malibu
Adam: Irleand, ?
Larry: Ireland, Ireland, ?

Hello TheQuiet1, from South Yorkshire:wink:

I was surprised by how modest Bono's house is in Dublin.

I think Larry's got a place in the south of France, too. I'm pretty sure that's where they wrote "Summer Rain."

Bono has a relatively "modest" house? I thought it was a mansion...well I've only seen pics of the huge ass gates...

Larry has 2 houses in Ireland? Maybe he has one in the picturesque countryside or something cool like that :drool:

VertigoGal said:
Bono has a relatively "modest" house? I thought it was a mansion...well I've only seen pics of the huge ass gates...

Larry has 2 houses in Ireland? Maybe he has one in the picturesque countryside or something cool like that :drool:

The gates are definitely stunning. You can walk down the side of the walled garden to Killiney beach and look back up at the house, It is VERY nice, but not really a mansion. Of course, there might be much more to it that you can't see from the road/beach.:wink:

VertigoGal said:
by the way, if anyone could post pics of their homes (if that's allowed), that would be cool.

my friend was in NYC and she said he owns a tower or something.

A tower in NYC? The new Dublin studios are going to be in a new tower building. BTW there's a similar thread with pics of the houses (see below...similar threads) but the pics are just blank on my computer:eyebrow:

My aunt lives close to larry,it's been well known for him to go jogging and go to the baily court hotel for a bevvie

VertigoGal said:

He has his million pound house and the house next door to him, also a million pounds. He bought his neighbour's house because he didn't want anybody else moving in because he wanted more privacy. I heard he was going to get work done to combine both mansions into one huge fuckin mansion.

Dont believe what you read,i hope for 18 million he's got a oven that works,a roof that don't leak and a tumble dryer that don't spin out the window when you put a pair of gym sock's in it

There's always been this rumor that Larry has had a house in my hometown of Nyack, NY. People have seen him around here and I heard he stores his motorcycles in a space around here. Who knows?

claytons edge said:
My aunt lives close to larry,it's been well known for him to go jogging and go to the baily court hotel for a bevvie

Is that in Killiney? Does your Aunt take in visitors?:drool:

No my aunt lives in howth as does larry,not killney.She takes her sweet nephew as visitor to fix her dis dat and the other,i shouldn't complain she's one in a million and look's after me goodstyle

Superflysrb said:
There's always been this rumor that Larry has had a house in my hometown of Nyack, NY. People have seen him around here and I heard he stores his motorcycles in a space around here. Who knows?

This rumour might be true. Remember that online interview of the band a few years ago in which Bono and Edge were in NYC, Adam was in India, and Larry was in upstate New York? Well at the end of the interview Larry said that he was babysitting the rest of the day.

Who was he babysitting? Does he have a house in Nyack?

:hmm:

Check this out:
http://www.u2world.com/news/article.php3?id_article=7390

Last edited:
As far as I've heard:

Bono - House in Ireland (also owns other property there), Apartment in NYC, House in So. of France...I do believe I read he has an apartment in Paris.

Edge - House in Ireland, House in California, House in So. of France on shared property with Bono. Once had a place in New Mexico I believe.

Larry - House/compound <g> in Ireland, House in So. of France, House in NYC suburbs upstate, did have a NYC apartment but don't know if he still has it.

Adam - House in Ireland, House in So. of France, spends a lot of time in London...dunno if he actually owns there or just bunks with the girlfriend. Did have a NYC apartment but had to give it up.

Infinitum98 said:

This rumour might be true. Remember that online interview of the band a few years ago in which Bono and Edge were in NYC, Adam was in India, and Larry was in upstate New York? Well at the end of the interview Larry said that he was babysitting the rest of the day.

Who was he babysitting? Does he have a house in Nyack?

:hmm:

I know exactly what house they're talking about in the article. I actually live up the street from it and run by it almost everyday. I kept telling myself to stake it out when the guys played their NYC/NJ gigs...

Larry does have a house in Nyack. When he bought it, must be more than five years ago now, a reporter for the local paper there wrote this horrendous piece where she welcomed Larry and his family and said she was sure they would be good citizens and neighbors unlike Rosie O'Donnell -- and then the rest of the article, which went on and on, was this bash job on O'Donnell -- like her, don't like her, up to you, but it was the most unprofessional, savage, childish thing -- figured Rosie probably didn't buy her round or something to tick this honey off so badly. And then the article ended with something like, but we have higher hopes for Larry Mullen, Jr.! So that was a real half-assed welcome for Lardence, but a welcome nonetheless. I understand he frequents a pub there, is a regular when in town, but everyone there is fiercely loyal and keeps their traps shut about where it is and its name, good for them...

Pop Artist said:

Adam - House in Ireland, House in So. of France, spends a lot of time in London...dunno if he actually owns there or just bunks with the girlfriend. Did have a NYC apartment but had to give it up.

Why did he have to give up the NYC apartment?

Back
Top Bottom