What about U2 really does it for you??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
Is it their "message", the music, or something else...what is it?
icon5.gif

I'm curious. Feel free to be long-winded if ya want.
smile.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 11-16-2001).]

Thats a tough, but good queston! I think its both their message and the air they have about them. You could tell right off, even during the ZooTV days, they were absolutely genuine people. They didn't ever seem to loose themselves in that "rock and roll" life style. Always stayed grounded, and knew what was important to them.

I always just seemed to connect with them and their music. I think their music really forces you to look inside yourself and find what the particular song means to you. Its a great gift to be able to bring that out in people..
They are truely gifted artists...

It's the music. There are at least 3 things that U2 has, that their MUSIC has, that other bands do not. Or at least not in the mega quantities that U2 has it:
Their POWER, their PASSION, and above all, their SPIRIT.

There is just something very magical and supernatural about them. Its true God given greatness. Of course...
Their personality and their good looks dont hurt, either.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 11-16-2001).]

It has to be the Soul. And how they've always seemed to tell the critics to kiss their arses (did they do that with ATYCLB? ... ur, I don't think so).

~Zoo~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Bono's fearlessness in not being afraid to fail miserably - or as he used to say "trying and maybe failing, but at least trying".

This should be a short list:
- U2 are one of the few groups with a "real" message that not focuses on beauty, dancing or such crap
- U2 have more classics to list
- U2 were friends, are friends and will ever be. Forever.
- They did so much with their music, took part in numerous charity records and festivals
- they write their own tunes. This seems to be no special point but have a look on the charts and see how many covers are lurking there...
- Since 1978 their line-up is the same
- They had the balls to "chop down the Joshua tree"
-

------------------
beLIEve

I like them for helping "Drop the Debt".
I like them for the first U2 song I heard; it was God Part II.
Some songs for the message, some for the music. I like the guitar style of the Edge. I like their energy at concerts, especially the last tour. Their humor.
They should, by the way, not buy half Dublin.
They should, even more important, talk Jimmy Interscope into not supporting Clear Channel. Maybe other companies could follow.

Back
Top Bottom