WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE-WHAT A GREAT SPEECH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
i just watched U2 at the VMA's...
wow!wow!wow!

i'm still shaking now from all the excitment.

great music (i just LOVED the drums), great light effects-and a nice transition from Elevation to Stuck. i was surprised because i thought they played both songs in full, when they stopped Elevation.
both songs great in its own way-energetic Elevation, and the moving Stuck.

and wow! wow! wow!
what a beautiful, warm speech by Carson Daly. you can tell he's a fan.
"the beat of a U2 song is the pulse of every human heart" (i think i may have found myself a new signature)
i don't know about you, but that totally floored me.
i also remembered the part when he said "this is what music sounds when it's done right".

ps: and was that a bit of Walk on video during video montage (great too), along with With or without you's "oooh oooh oooh oooh" part? can't wait to see the rest of that video.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-09-2001).]

I agree with you U2girl...great performance of Elevation and Stuck. I for one, am not thrilled about anyone, especially U2 doing a medley of songs like they did, but once again, for U2 it worked. You hit it right on, energetic Elevation to get the crowd pumping, to let those teenyboppers know that a band, who play their own instruments, write their own songs, can still rock! But then transition right into the moving Stuck was simply magical, done with only the power and passion of U2. Truly the highlight of what is right now a very dismal music scene.

Chris

With the big band concert I stumbled upon earlier this week in Copenhagen and this wonderful U2 performance, I am feeling rather mellow and no longer upset about the "current state of music". I wonder how long it will last.

Blissssssss!
cool.gif

I HAVEN"T SEEN IT YET!!
frown.gif

Your topic heading with all the capital letters made me smile, I thought U2girl is very excited/happy, it must have been good.I look forward to the day. I have never heard of Carson Daly before U2 appeared at the Awards, but any friend of U2's.....

I find a lot of U2 songs fit beautifully into medleys. Just lately it seems, whenever I play anything in D, Kite keeps appearing. Good fun.

Originally posted by cass:
I HAVEN"T SEEN IT YET!!
frown.gif

Your topic heading with all the capital letters made me smile, I thought U2girl is very excited/happy, it must have been good.I look forward to the day. I have never heard of Carson Daly before U2 appeared at the Awards, but any friend of U2's.....

I find a lot of U2 songs fit beautifully into medleys. Just lately it seems, whenever I play anything in D, Kite keeps appearing. Good fun.

frown.gif
@ you not seeing it yet. do you know when it's shown in Australia?

YES, i was very excited & happy. it WAS good-not good, it was great. look out for Carson's speech too-definitely something a U2 fan should see.

------------------
"the beat of a U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"[i/]
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

be uncool, yes be awkward

Back
Top Bottom