What a great album it is!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *rolls up sleeves

Zoomerang96 said:

read what you wrote. remember, this is a pop appreciation thread...

:yawn: I've heard that bullshit before. :rolleyes: There are never any threads like this for ANY other album and the Pop ones are always the same, like I said in my first post.

the irony in your words is rediculous. for someone of your age you really should be wiser.

Someone 'my age' has reached the point where I have been shit on so much in my life I'm going to say what the flying fuck I think and I really don't give a fuck what you think or say. Pop is a failure by all standards but a few opinions on this board and nothing will ever change that. J and I are right and vindicated and if it makes you feel better to cuss me out go right ahead, everybody hates me anyway for hating this fucking CD which only makes me hate it more and I think the only reason I'm not banned is I'm too entertaining for purposes like this. Kiss my ass zoomerang 96 :kiss:

Re: Re: *rolls up sleeves

GypsyHeartgirl said:

:yawn: I've heard that bullshit before. :rolleyes: There are never any threads like this for ANY other album and the Pop ones are always the same, like I said in my first post.

Someone 'my age' has reached the point where I have been shit on so much in my life I'm going to say what the flying fuck I think and I really don't give a fuck what you think or say. Pop is a failure by all standards but a few opinions on this board and nothing will ever change that. J and I are right and vindicated and if it makes you feel better to cuss me out go right ahead, everybody hates me anyway for hating this fucking CD which only makes me hate it more and I think the only reason I'm not banned is I'm too entertaining for purposes like this. Kiss my ass zoomerang 96 :kiss: [/B]

no, like you said in your first post, people that dont like threads focusing and acclaiming certain criteria which you dont agree with, should be ignored.

somehow, this grand advice gets ignored by you, the majestical royalty of interference (the wanderer, who?).

you can say "so and so and me and right.." all day, but you will continue to look foolish.

simply shut your face, get out of this thread, and we both pretend none of this happened. if its a pop thread, dont go in. if you didnt realize it was a pop thread until you read it, leave without posting. like i said, im trying to follow my own advice when it comes to a few other u2 topics, like atyclb.

your twice my age, i can only hope your intellect will catch up with your years at any moment now.

Re: The reason

ElectricalVoice said:
The reason why i posted this thread, is that i was watching the DVD, and the POP-songs really hit me. I haven't been here enough to see all the POP-threads you have been talking about. I just felt to tell you that U2 makes my day even better... POP made my day better that day. Great album... but so are the others aswell...

yes, thats certainly understandable. we do have a lot of pop threads around here, but its a u2 forum. besides you havent been around long enough to know that. do not feel sorry for anything, this thread was going nicely until recently.

whats your favorite song from the album anyway?

Re: *rolls up sleeves

Zoomerang96 said:

well, thanks to the fact this board is quite boring, i will be happy to be banned after this comment, if mods so feel that they need to.

gypsy, you are one evil bitch. yes, thats right. no need to be surprised, you know i though this of you a long time ago, and this last post is yet another example of why you are the dumbest 40+ member this message board will ever see. are personal attacks necessary? ofcourse not. its really not good that im doing this, but i really dont like you.

read what you wrote. remember, this is a pop appreciation thread...

"i still think pop is a terrible sounding album"

your voice, your writing style is like oil being poured into my ears and knives being shoved into my eyes.

anyway, you go on to say, and i quote "If you like it l isten to it if you hate it don't if you don't care ignore it . No comments needed."

when it comes to english comprehension, what dont you understand? you cannot find a pop thread that you dont reply in and bash. i used to bash atylcb, but you know what, im done with that. its still u2, and afterall, i like u2.

the irony in your words is rediculous. for someone of your age you really should be wiser.

:laugh: :bow: ok, that post just made my day!

Why is it that every time Gypsy enters a POP thread all hell breaks loose.

Once again EVERYONE KNOWS YOU HATE POP. :scream: How many times do you have to post your feelings about it? Cant you just stay out of POP threads? Have you learned nothing by now? There are always going to be newer members that come along and want to appreciate POP, not knowing or realize what happens when they are posted. It's not their fault. Personally I stay out of threads I dont agree with. Why is it so difficult for you to do the same??? You know what's going to happen, but obviously you dont care.

And deathbear there is no reason to call anyone names. You can make your point just fine without calling people 'evil bitch.'

GypsyHeartgirl said:
I am pretty much a pariah on this board for my dislike of the fucking thing. Yet there are other bands I like and dislike one or two albums but it's no big deal to anyone, but if you hate Pop, (and have the balls to say it here) you are some kind of shunned criminal. It'[s not like that with any other album or any other band. I also agree with what Scatteroflight once said, that these threads are all too similar and all by different 'newbies' it makes me wonder if it's not all the same person/people dragging it all up again for entertainment purposes, maybe not always but sometimes.
dear god, not again.

i find it funny that:
- you feel the need to spread your anti-pop gospel in every thread
- you're so paranoid that you think everyone sits around finding ways to get your goat, or that people really have such little lives that they create gimmick poster after gimmick poster to start them! elvis or sicy could do ip checks to verify (if they had the time, which they don't, and is it even important anyway?) that it's not the same couple people with new accounts.
- you're so hypocritical. it's perfectly okay for you to come in and troll every pop thread, yet you state people shouldn't comment on their love of the album.

in short, grow up, get over it, and stop trolling the pop threads already! :scream:

KhanadaRhodes said:

in short, grow up, get over it, and stop trolling the pop threads already! :scream:

:lmao: Yeah, that'll happen...When Hell freezes over!

*resists the urge to make 1001 other negative comments and moves on*

My dad just got his new DVD player the other day and I put in the best of DVD (the one that comes with the album)...Man, on MAN!!! I sincerely hope they are playing to release a Popmart show on DVD because watching that performance of "Please" with the awesome sound system and picture quality just completely blew me away. I'm salivating thinking about what Mofo would be like on DVD!!! I think it's the closest I'll ever get to being back there again.

Stay out of threads that offend you and grow up already.

Just because you spread your anti-POP views all over this forum other people will not all of a sudden wake up and go, "Oh yeah, it DOES suck!" We all have opinions, and you have more than made yours known. Please lay down your arms.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Stay out of threads that offend you and grow up already.

Just because you spread your anti-POP views all over this forum other people will not all of a sudden wake up and go, "Oh yeah, it DOES suck!" We all have opinions, and you have more than made yours known. Please lay down your arms.

:happy: Oooh...I just had to say that I love your new avatar, LMPA!!!

wertsie said:
My dad just got his new DVD player the other day and I put in the best of DVD (the one that comes with the album)...Man, on MAN!!! I sincerely hope they are playing to release a Popmart show on DVD because watching that performance of "Please" with the awesome sound system and picture quality just completely blew me away. I'm salivating thinking about what Mofo would be like on DVD!!! I think it's the closest I'll ever get to being back there again.
oooh...sounds lovely. i have the dvd, but i haven't watched all the extra goodies yet. unfortunately, i don't have a dvd player hooked up to my tv (which sucks now that i have my groovy new tv) but i have a dvd-rom on my comp. and hey, it's got a 17" flat screen monitor, so i can't complain, right? :D

Main Entry: para?noia
Pronunciation: "par-&-'noi-&
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek, madness, from paranous demented, from para- + nous mind
Date: circa 1811
1 : a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations
2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

KhanadaRhodes said:

oooh...sounds lovely. i have the dvd, but i haven't watched all the extra goodies yet. unfortunately, i don't have a dvd player hooked up to my tv (which sucks now that i have my groovy new tv) but i have a dvd-rom on my comp. and hey, it's got a 17" flat screen monitor, so i can't complain, right? :D

Oooh...I have a 17" flat screen monitor too, but I don't have a DVD Rom on my computer yet. Hoping to get one for Christmas.

I am :shocked: at the depths of hatefulness and vicious personal attacks ppl would lower themselves to over A CD- look folks, it's just a freaking CD and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it! :shrug: No need to hate, ridicule, cuss out and attack each other, honestly.

rafmed said:
Gypsy is over 40???? Jesus!!!!, I thought for her posts that she was 12 or something!, sorry.

You know, y'all can bash my opinions all you want, but don't get personal on me because you don't even know me!!! :mad: I am really irritated by this 'immature' and 'grow up' GARBAGE! You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Actually, it's because I AM older and I HAVE grown up that I'm like this and I have the attitude I do. When I was young, I was a mealy-mouthed, timid, shrinking violet who would never express unpopular opinions or admit to not liking something in fear of making someone mad at me. Even 10 years ago I wouldn't have done this. But the years have hardened me into a cynical and bitter old thing who just doesn't care what you think, because as nice as I was all my life and as much as I held my tongue, I still got crapped all over, so I decided, what the hell, might as well let 'em know how I really feel! This is the old, mature, battle hardened gypsy talking. Sweet, innocent, immature little gypsy would never have done such a thing. This is me, GROWN UP!!

Kristie:

Your crap was out of line and uncalled for. What is that supposed to mean, that I think this thread was started because of me? Oh no. Not this time. See, I am not paranoid, or naive, or stupid. I can tell if a thread was started to aggravate me by the timing and the participants, and it has happened, but not this time. Still, if I want to reply, I will, just as anyone else has that right. You don't even know me. I'm a very nice person, remember I made you a tape once? I would appreciate it if you would keep your hateful and judgemental remarks to yourself, or at least among your snickering, giggling, airheaded little clique in PM's. Think what you want of me and I will do the same for you, but unless people really know each other that is wrong.

POP angel- This thread does not 'offend' me. If one did, I would stay out.

I am really having a hard time understanding how people can despise someone they don't even know just based on what they think of Pop. It's crazy, really. It's almost laughable. Since the subject of psychoanalyzing was brought up, perhaps I have a theory. Maybe because some of you feel so strongly about Pop, and it is so maligned by so many (not on this board but overall) you feel somehow like if it is attacked, it's a personal attack on you, and like a mother defending her dumbest and ugliest kid, you have to lash out and destroy those who say they hate it and belittle them beneath you to validate yourselves. Far off? Well, so is what you think of me. See how it feels? As I said before, it's no other album and no other band that draws this kind of ire. There has to be something to it. I mean, if I go on a Stones board and say I don't like their last album, NOBODY CARES!! It's just U2 and Pop that draws this phenomenon. It's sick, really.

And I suppose that just because I am 41 years old that I am supposed to shut up and not express my opinions. No, as a matter of fact because I am old I will express them even more, since I have long since passed the time of caring what anyone thinks. My granny told me once, the older you get, the more you are allowed to get away with saying, and she couldn't wait to be 80 so she could let everyone have it and they'd go, oh well, she's old.

This really is stupid. If it makes you all feel better to attack me personally because I say how much I dislike this album, I hope you find entertainment and feel superior that way, and I will only sit here and laugh at how ridiculous that concept is!

Gypsy hates Pop. She says it on this board. So what, really. Get a grip. The sun will still come up tommorrow.;)

Re: The reason

ElectricalVoice said:
The reason why i posted this thread, is that i was watching the DVD, and the POP-songs really hit me. I haven't been here enough to see all the POP-threads you have been talking about. I just felt to tell you that U2 makes my day even better... POP made my day better that day. Great album... but so are the others aswell...

No need to feel gulity or something...s**t happens, you know ;)

It?s funny because I was just telling a friend how great Pop is to go for a walk at twilight, after a hard working day, like mine are usually, LOL

Serious, you start the party with the first 3, Discotheque, DYFL and Mofo...so that you forget how boring your day was...and the songs also help to warm your legs for walking, you know...then it comes the next 3, IGWSHA, SATS and Last Night on Heart, all them good to listen with the sun going down in the horizon...then it comes Gone...and you know you have received this special gift only for you...then more party with Miami and Playboy Mansion...yesterday I was walking and thinking how Miami suits perfectly with the upcoming summer here. Then it?s time to calm you down and savor those 3 pearls, Velvet Dress, Please and the one I have gotten even more hooked lately, Wake Up Dead Man...like Michael Griffiths said, a must heard-it-with-earphones song.

:up:

Last edited:
gypsy, you just don't seem to get it. you really do have this deep paranoia, so i'm not surprised you continue denying it. i would highly doubt that anyone on this board hates you, least of all because of your opinions on the pop album. notice how in any other non-pop thread (say, about a jt-era bono appreciation thread in pleba) no one yells at you and tells you to get the hell out of their thread? exactly.

you don't seem to understand what trolling is, and how rude, uncalled for, against the rules of just about ANY forum it is. every time a pop thread ehh, pops up, you feel it's absolutely necessary to make your opinions known. it's this one-note record you keep playing, with the words "i hate pop" looped endlessly.

if you hate pop so much, start your own thread. don't come in here and troll every single one just because you feel the need to. notice how no one's gone in the joshua tree or all that you can't leave behind threads to say how much that album sucked? exactly, because it's prudent to show some self-control, especially on an emotionless internet forum.

pop isn't the only album discussed on this board. if you don't like it, DON'T POST! i really doubt you have so little self-control that you simply can't stop yourself from posting in every pop thread how much you hate that album. even better, start appreciation threads for the other albums, whichever ones are your most favourite.

the only reason the pop ones tend to generate more traffic is because someone always comes in and trolls it. then, a big argument breaks out. if the (fill in whatever U2 album) haters would stay the hell out and start their own thread if they wanted, the pop threads wouldn't go beyond like 2 pages, and would soon fall off the first page of the forum.

in closing, i'll repeat it once more: coming into every pop thread to say how much you hate it, REPEATEDLY, is trolling. trolling is not good. if you must express your opinions here, then start your own thread. or better yet, get over it! sheesh, i've never seen someone so worked up over a freaking ALBUM! i somehow highly doubt you're really so worked up over it, but instead you just want to talk about your hate of pop to get back at people for posting their love of it. and if so, that will sooooo not fly.

Um, you don't have to be 'paranoid' to see someone call you an evil bitch, or other rude comments, and assume that they do not like you. Because I know everyone hates and shuns me because of my vocal dislike for Pop- it is fairly obvious, I'm not imagining it, really- I just go ahead and say what I think. I will never just shut up, because that's what all my adversaries want, and they don't deserve it. No, no one will be allowed to gush over Pop without my 2 cents. If you don't like it you could ignore it you know. It takes more than one person to stir and perpetuate shit.

GypsyHeartgirl said:
If you don't like it you could ignore it you know. It takes more than one person to stir and perpetuate shit.
it'd be wise for you to heed your own advice sometimes. and i'd say you do a pretty good job of stirring and perpetuating shit all by yourself.

KhanadaRhodes said:

it'd be wise for you to heed your own advice sometimes. and i'd say you do a pretty good job of stirring and perpetuating shit all by yourself.

It is impossible to stir shit alone. See, if no one answers it and gets rude, then I don't have to get rude back. ONE person cannot fight, others have to join in. The problem is, you love Pop so much you are biased in favor of those who jump in to bash me, so all you see is me, when really everyone is just as guilty. If they would just ignore my comments there would be no trouble. But since you think they are cool you let them have at it then blame me. It happens every time. Everyone is afraid to say they hate this album here because of the lashing you get. Even J has given up. As long as there are redundant threads like this one, my comments will be just as redundant. As I have stated, my attitude comes not from immaturity but from the opposite, years of experience. My God, I could be your mother. What are you, 18? I have a son 16. I really resent you who have been alive for a shorter time than I have been a U2 fan pushing me around. We should all have a right to say what we want, and if someone doesn't like it they could always ignore it.

my god, you really don't get it. wow, i have yet another point to tack on to my saying you're hypocritical. we cannot discuss your age without you getting all in a huff, but yet you have no problem bringing up my age.

i care more about maturity, and you seem to be lacking it. i honestly thought you were about 16 until i looked at your profile once. i'm not the only one, shouldn't that tell you something?

you wanna talk about resentment? i resent that you think you've been given the right to troll every pop thread. you seem to be ignoring this. could it be because you know i'm right? as i've said before, trolling on just about any forum is against the rules. and that's what you're doing.

i'll say it again: trolling is when you come in to every pop thread and say over and over again how much you hate it. i'm not pushing you around. you don't seem to get that. i am a MODERATOR. i'm not abusing my status. i am supposed to enforce the rules and keep interference happy and try to squash any squabbling.

but you won't let me. no, you have to continue to pick fights. spreading this anti-pop shit not only in the pop threads, but in any other thread about any other album.

i've seen so many pop threads gone to shit because someone, usually you, has to come in and express how much the album sucks. has it ever occurred to you that maybe you should call a truce? you know, if you don't slam pop in a pop thread, they can't slam any other album in their thread? oh wait, that's right. no one does it! i've not seen any anti-jt or atyclb posts in their respective threads. why? because no one trolls them.

you DON'T have the right to say whatever you want. this is not a government institution, the first amendment doesn't mean shit here. you don't have freedom of speech, you have to follow the rules that elvis and sicy made. as i've said before, we do not have to ignore your comments simply because you want to make them. you could follow your own advice (funny, i think i've said this recently!) and ignore others' comments. but interestingly enough, every time i seem to mention you could always heed your own advice and ignore what people say about pop, you just skip right over it. i think i've said it what now, like FIVE TIMES?

KhanadaRhodes said:
you DON'T have the right to say whatever you want. this is not a government institution, the first amendment doesn't mean shit here. you don't have freedom of speech, you have to follow the rules that elvis and sicy made. as i've said before, we do not have to ignore your comments simply because you want to make them. you could follow your own advice (funny, i think i've said this recently!) and ignore others' comments. but interestingly enough, every time i seem to mention you could always heed your own advice and ignore what people say about pop, you just skip right over it. i think i've said it what now, like FIVE TIMES?

Khanada is right here. Gypsy I have asked you nicely before to stay out of threads like these. Why must you continue to destroy threads? This was supposed to be an "appreciation" thread. If there's a thread about how much someone doesnt like pop, feel friggin free to post in there! But I'm tired of warning you, and I dont want to do it again. I'm asking you nicely once again, leave this thread, go post in pleba or something, be happy, quit arguing.

sicy and khanada well said.

i say we simply ignore her forever. she wants attention more than i do...and we all know how much i love to bask in the glow :combust:

gypsey, the fact that NOONE has come here and agreed with you, should tell you something. yes, you are paranoid. and yes, you really shouldnt not every say anything in pop threads.

if your stuck in the 80's, feel free to listen to the most critically acclaimed, mind-boggling, album of the century - slippery when wet to get out all your frustration. bon jovi is a terrific artist who never repeats himself and has constantly been on the cutting edge of the music world.

Um...okay...let's chill here for a second.

Gypsy, if you have made your point known time and time again, then what exactly is the point of being in this thread-we all know where you stand, so why bother reiterating what we already know?

I know you mentioned that if we continue redundant threads, you'll continue your redundant remarks, but like someone pointed out in this thread early on, some of these "Pop" threads are made by new members of the boards, who don't know of the past battles that have started over this. And since they don't know that starting a thread on this album means fights, they don't know they're being redundant in their starting these threads.

As for those who have been here a while who start these "Pop" threads, I think the reason they keep trying to start them is that they hope that they'll finally get one thread on this album where there isn't any fighting.

Like the others said, at this point, you could start a "Pop" bashing thread, that way you can continue to express your opinion without worrying about anyone jumping on you, and we can finally have a "Pop" praising thread where people don't get yelled at for liking this album.

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl
No, no one will be allowed to gush over Pop without my 2 cents.

Now that's not fair.

How would you like it if someone took that sentence and used it against you: "No, no one will be allowed to bash Pop without my 2 cents"?

You'd get upset, I'm sure.

Not yelling at you or anything here, it's just...my goodness, all this fuss over a simple album.

Angela

GypsyHeartgirl said:
No, no one will be allowed to gush over Pop without my 2 cents. If you don't like it you could ignore it you know. It takes more than one person to stir and perpetuate shit.

:eyebrow: What kind of reaction are you expecting to get from people when you post time and time and TIME again about how much you hate POP? Are you expecting us to finally break down and agree with you? Surely you're not doing it to see if people will finally ignore you. It has become abundantly clear that you're doing it for the attention, and that, on top of comments like the one above, is extremely immature.

Like somebody else said, your posts seem perfectly fine outside of the POP threads. Why do you let it bother you so much that people like this album? No amount of your bitching is going to make people stop.

I remember you getting annoyed before when people would post negative comments in ATYCLB appreciation threads. Isn't what you're doing here basically the same thing?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Pop is far from my favorite U2 album, but I still think it kicks the crap out of most of the stuff churned out by today's so-called "artists." I love Gone and Please. A few of the others songs are pretty good too.

Gypsy, you have every right in the world to despise Pop if that is your opinion. However, I don't understand this obssessive need to come into every appreciation thread for an album and bash it. It's only a freakin' album, for crying out loud!

KhanadaRhodes said:

pop isn't the only album discussed on this board. if you don't like it, DON'T POST! i really doubt you have so little self-control that you simply can't stop yourself from posting in every pop thread how much you hate that album. even better, start appreciation threads for the other albums, whichever ones are your most favourite.

This sounds like a reasonable piece of advise. :yes: It's only common sense!

Oh, and I love Pop. :D

Salome said:
I usually end up posting in them when I see:
* 8 posts or more by people claiming that those of us who do not think of POP as one of U2's greatest albums must be foolishly misled by the media
* 5 posts by people using a POP appreciation thread to bash ATYCLB (what these two albums have to do with each other? I don't know either)

and for some reason there aren't many threads about POP that don't end up in one of those two categories

Yeppers. For those who don't know, there is a history behind these 'appreciation threads' and just what Salome said has been true, just to explain to those who don' t understand. I really don't believe anyone ever comes into Pop threads just to cause trouble. There is a history of bullshit behind it. I know a lot of good people who have stopped posting in them because of the futility of trying to explain the things he has so eloquently stated. You go Salome, shake it, shake it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom