What 1 u2 song started it for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked Boy and October, and War put them in my Top 5 bands at age 13. UF, and more specifically, the Wide Awake in America EP, put U2 right at the top of my list and it's only grown since then. I remember playing those 4 songs over and over again...amazed that the live versions (produced, I know) were better than the album versions of Bad and UF, and Love Comes Tumbling Down was an instant favorite and made me wonder why it wasn't on the album. I also remember buying 4 of those tapes...still have the last one and it has no print left on it...so I guess Bad/UF were the songs that turned my into a superfan (or a fanatic).

The entirety of Achtung Baby. But if I had to narrow it down to just one song, Acrobat.

Ye, I should add Elevation to my list, I remember the day, i was bored and looked at my days CD's, saw Thin Lizzys greatest hits and thought cool Boys are back in town is on this, then seeing ATYCLB, and seeing Beautiful Day, I listened to both CD's and became in love with U2 and Thin Lizzy

Back
Top Bottom