we're not the only ones! [vma related]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
So I was on the MTV message boards poking around and it seems alot of fans are really pissed off about last night. Anyways, go to their site and look through some of the stuff. There are a few people who mention that U2 was robbed and their performance was the best of the night. So I take back all the whole MTV viewers are 14-year-old girls who have no taste in music. Some of them are pretty damn cool!
http://vmaorigin.mtv.com/community/message_boards/boardsdir.jhtml?p=31&q=10

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

wow! i just went there, and people are REALLY TRASHING the awards! a lot of people are voicing support for U2 as well, saying that U2 and Alicia Keyes were the only really talented musicians there. you guys should go take a look... hopefully, MTV staffers are reading the messages, and will finally get the hint that the majority of people don't like synthetic music!!!

i think a good portion of mtv viewers have taste. but that's not the majority.

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

"Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride."

In several reviews by major newspapers U2 is singled out as a bright spot in an otherwise dismal show
biggrin.gif

I also read a bunch of reviews that stated that U2 was definitely one of the best performances of the night-
I am feeling a little better about the whole thing now.

Wow I like what this person said:

"Nsync? Best Group? I think not"

**** The first thing Nsync should of done when they accepted that award is to apologize to hard working bands such as U2 and Dave Matthews Band that actually put all their blood, sweat and tears into their music. I'm sooooo sick of these brats getting awards for doing nothing at all. They don't write their own music, don't make up their own dance moves, and (this is the worst of all) they don't even pick out their own freaking clothes for the love of god. I wonder if they have someone follow them to the bathroom to whipe their backsides for them. It just sad that hard working groups that have struggled to get where they are today are upstaged by a bunch of little kids that have older men and women do all the work for them while they take all the credit. It's pathetic! *****

Yep, exactly.
smile.gif

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

Back
Top Bottom