Were any of you "converted" to U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Were any of you "coverted" to U2?

While reading through the thread on "converting" people to U2 started by Aaron J, I got to wondering - were any of you "converted" to U2 by someone?

I don't know if anyone can claim responsibility for converting someone. However, I could be wrong. I believe you can introduce someone to something( a band, for instance), but that person has to want to make the commitment. Ultimately, it's the music that converts them. Let's give U2 some credit. Their sound, lyrics, charisma and spirituality are strong persuaders for someone out there in the vast wilderness of pop music looking for something real.

I got into U2 back in 1983 and it was the covers of the War and Under a Blood Red Sky albums that first got my attention. I was sure the music inside meant something. And I was right. It had the edginess and uniqueness I was looking for. Then when Unforgettable Fire came out, it was like nothing I had ever heard. I was hopelessy and forever hooked. I wore out two cassettes and a vinyl copy before finally upgrading to cd in the late 80's. Well, I'm not sure this was the place for this response, but I hope you enjoyed.

I know what you mean, barlowdog. No one can convince you to like something if you simply don't like it! Maybe I should have asked if anyone was "introduced" to U2 by someone rather than "converted."

I wouldn't say anyone can really claim to have converted me, perhaps my brother... but not entirely really.

:yes: My mom "converted" me.

When she took me to my first U2 concert in 1997 I was hooked, and there was no going back, baby!

i would say i got into them on my own. i was one of those cool kids who listened to whatever was in the top 40. so, when i was little, it was U2's first prime era, with the joshua tree, etc. so, i got into them on my own, although my aunt and dad were big fans so they got me to be a fan, and not just like their music. but i bought a cassette of achtung baby when it came out on my own accord. however, i do remember when zooropa came out, my dad and i split the cost of it cuz we both wanted to hear it. i remember being forced to listen to the wanderer. :no:

Back
Top Bottom