Well it?s been... a little while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hi all !!!!

Although I am seeing a few newbies around here, I am sure that some of you will remember who I am.

I know that quite some time has gone by since my last post (um, like 5 months?) but I just wanted to post again to let you know everything was fine from this side.

Let me give you a quick update of my life. All of a sudden, I decided to quit my job at Wall Street last December. I was tired, disappointed and, after September 11, also felt I wanted to change cities. I had also applied to a few business schools and was waiting on a few results, so I decided to take my chances and leave.

After a few rejections, I was finally accepted by the Wharton School in Philadelphia. I was also accepted by the Lauder Institute there to pursue a dual Masters: the MBA from Wharton and an MA in International Studies with a focus on Latin America (as most of you know, I am from Argentina). As part of this second program, I am currently in Sao Paulo, Brazil, pursuing some studies in Brazilian history, culture, music, etc. and working on my Portuguese. I am staying here until July 25th, then going back to Buenos Aires for a few days and then coming back to Philly to continue my studies.

And I also saved the best for last. I wanted to share with you all that I am getting married next year. I am really happy about that as well. Wedding will take place next May in Buenos Aires and we are already working on the arrangements. I will try to get a pic of Valeria, my fiancee, to post it in NicaMom?s website (assuming she is still around?).

Of course, I am more of a U2 fan than ever and I am anxiously waiting the release of the new Best of...

Again, I apologize for disappearing all of a sudden. I hope that you can all understand that this has been a time of many changes for me... hopefully all for good.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

All the best,

Pablo

Hi Pablo!!!

Thought you travelled to Argentina what with all those economic troubles there...great to have you back!

Congratulations on all the good news and changes in your life. Sounds like you're doing great! :)

Yes Nicamom is still around and so is her album.

(is your email addy still the same it was?)

Hey Pablo!

Great to hear from you and it's wonderful that things are going so well for you. :)

Congratulations on your impending nuptials! :yes:

Pablo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! It's great to not only see you again but to read all of that wonderful news you have to share!!!

Congratulations and good luck with everything!!

Oi Pablo!!!

Now that's what I call some great news! You should see my face while reading your post :) :) :)...I'm so happy for you! You derserve it all. So....man, are you really living in noisy, crowded, caothic S?o Paulo? :D Well, congrats, LOL. Any possibility to come to Porto Alegre? Maybe on your way to beautiful Buenos Aires... ;)

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, okay? I'm not exactly living in the corner near you, LOL, but hey, I would love to help you out. Just drop me a line.

And I'm glad you found your love. Lucky girl. Lucky you both.

:yes:

Now that Pablo mentioned NicaMom...I haven?t seen her around lately and I miss her...Does anybody know where is she? I hope she?s okay. Maybe too busy but I hope she comes back posting soon.

:)

Pablo! Congratulations on all your wonderful news!! I am glad to hear all is well, and Wharton... wow you must be a smart guy!

Great to hear from you and let us know how things are from time to time! :)

Peace

wb
You are in what must be a very excited part of the world today.
<-------------:D

and thanks for sharing your beautiful news.
Best wishes to you both.
Your studies sound fascinating. Good luck with that.

PS: I'm still hopeless at posting and typing. had to come back and edit that, the arrow <----------- was pointing at Australia and Ronaldo. Hope I got it right this time.

Some flowers from my garden for Valeria

Last edited:
woops

heartfelt...hope it works this time

Attachments

• june26003.jpg
    june26003.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 80
This is so strange!! Last night before I fall asleep I was thinking about all the interferencers who dissappeared suddenly... Pablo, NicaMom, bonovista... and today when I switched on the computer I saw this thread!! :D:D Nice to have you back Pablo!! :)

Yes cass, I bet brazil would be an extremely excited (and exciting too!) part in the world today! Wish I was there and feel the excitement. :)

christiana said:
Yes cass, I bet brazil would be an extremely excited (and exciting too!) part in the world today! Wish I was there and feel the excitement. :)

You bet :D...Definitely :yes:

You know christiana, Pablo and I used to have some nice chats thru AIM some time ago (and I hope we can have it again, maybe;)) but we never, ever agreed in one single thing...and that is on football (or soccer...), LOL, of course due to the old rivalry between Argentina and Brasil on the football pitch :D Even so, I hope he can celebrate with us today...would you Pablo? ;)

Hola Pablo!!!
El otro dia me estaba acordando de vos.
Muchas felicidades por tu proxima boda!!!
Esa es una noticia muy emocionante!!!
Van a incluir musica de U2 en la ceremonia o recepcion?
Contanos mas acerca de Valeria, donde las conocistes y todo eso, si no te importa.:)
Hola follower!
Muchas felicitaciones a Brasil!!!!!
I was up watching the game very early this morning, what a game, what a Ronaldo!!!!
Well Maria Teresa and Christiana, my family and I were visiting God's country(aka Yosemite) last week, just came back yesterday.
Thanks for thinking of me!
Here's a pic taken after sunset:
yosemitesunset.jpg

Last edited:
NicaMom said:
Hola follower!
Muchas felicitaciones a Brasil!!!!!
I was up watching the game very early this morning, what a game, what a Ronaldo!!!!

:yes:

Thank you dear Mariana. This has been a great day for us Brazilians. Our Sele??o deserved the victory. Lots of hapiness in the air, you know...and some samba, of course :)

You?ve been missed here girl! Please, don?t let us without hearing from you for so long!

:)

Thanks to all for all your beautiful messages.... :)
I will definetly post more updates on the wedding and give further details on my student life.
Right now, I am in a cybercafe in beautiful Paraty Island, 4 hours away from Sao Paulo. I have to say I am having a great time, both due to the beach and the festivities related to Brazil?s 5th World Cup. And follower, despite any historical rivalries, let me be the first to congratulate you and the Brazilian team on such an amazing achievement.
I will post more as soon as I get to a more decent connection (probably tomorrow, when I will be back in Sao Paulo). But I just wanted to say thanks to you all...
P.

U2@NYC said:
And follower, despite any historical rivalries, let me be the first to congratulate you and the Brazilian team on such an amazing achievement.
I will post more as soon as I get to a more decent connection (probably tomorrow, when I will be back in Sao Paulo). But I just wanted to say thanks to you all...
P.

That was nice of you Pablo, really nice :sexywink: Obrigada hermano!

You know where you can find me...same email addy, same AIM screename...but just in case you don?t remember everything you might need is now displayed in my profile...thanks Elvis. ;)

Welcome back Pablo and thx for sharing your news with us! :D

All the best and congrats on your engagement!!

Back
Top Bottom