Well, it finally happened . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got2k9s

The Fly
At work today, I went to the fax machine to retrieve my fax confirmation sheet. It was no where to be found, so I glanced in the trash can below.

In there, I saw a newspaper with a picture facing up - - it was of the new video iPod. The picture on the video iPod was, of course, BONO. :drool:

But it was ripped!!!! *gasp*

So, I cried out in astonishment, "Whooooo ripped Bono?!?!?!"

And then, it happened.

One of the ladies I work with said, "Who's Bono?"

I'm sorry, what?

Yes, she has worked with me for nearly 5 years and she had the nerve to be serious. Apparently, I have not been doing my job. :)

So, another co-worker said, "The singer for U2!" and looked at me for validation. (hee hee)

I approached the lady who said "Who's Bono" and lifted the pretend rock off her head and said, "There, you can come out now."

:lol:

Last edited:
I love the idea of spreading the joy that is U2, but I often get frustrated while trying, because I can never find the right words to accurately express how I feel... ya know what I mean?

I've decided to just let the music do the talkin' and bought my manager HTDAAB last year for Christmas... she only just listened to it though (a year later!)

Ahahah nice ;) when someone ask me "who's Bono" I usualy make a whole dramatic scene until they look at me like "did I miss something ???" and explain them ;)

This sentence is really painful to hear though ^^;

haha yeah, my dad finally came around when he saw the 60 minutes interview with Bono and was like 'he's actually a pretty good guy' im like 'DUH!' haha, no then he said 'i want you to let me borrow your cds'

i do have a stupid 'friend' who always says U2 is stupid and old and tell him he should die and i wouldnt be sad

my REAL friends support me and watch videos and listen to U2 with me..hehe

Yeha, I'm still having that problem with the guy at work, who can't seem to get it through his head tha tBono isn't Sonny Bono, and that Sonny Bono is dead.....poor poor sonny...."i got you babe"

bono_212 said:
Yeha, I'm still having that problem with the guy at work, who can't seem to get it through his head tha tBono isn't Sonny Bono, and that Sonny Bono is dead.....poor poor sonny...."i got you babe"

:eyebrow: :huh:

yeha, now it's like a joke for him and his buddy to call him sonny (pronounced correclty) bono (pronounced like our beloved lead singer) they're pissing me off

:wink:

I was doing a Power Point presentation over U2 in computer class and the substitute teacher was looking over it and said, "So that's Sonny Bone-o?"

And I was like :eyebrow: :| :huh: .

got2k9s said:

I approached the lady who said "Who's Bono" and lifted the pretend rock off her head and said, "There, you can come out now."

:lol:
Haha.lol

pwned

I knew you guys would understand :yes: hee hee!

I was really :shocked: when she said, "Who's Bono?" :coocoo:

And all of this talk about people pronouncing Bono's name wrong made me think of my dad. He is a nut and just to tease me, he calls Bono (are you ready for it?!) William Hung. :lmao:

Now, he's not serious, of course - - but it makes me laugh!

In fact, though, my dad is not easily impressed, but he recently had some very positive things to say about the concern and work that Bono does to 'make poverty history.'
My dad said he "really admires Bono and what he does." I was really impressed to hear him say that, considering he typically doesn't say things like that about people.

GO BONE-O, errrr, I mean, Bono! :D

I hate when people say who's Bono:madspit: or I've never heard U2's stuff...or "eh, I've heard a song or two..they are ok":angry: I feel like I have to bombard them with U2 and Bono everything and enlighten them:D alittle...:shifty:

I have a friend at school who said, "Who's Bono?" the other day... so trying to keep calm I told her, "the lead singer of U2".

Blank face.

I tried not to panic, but someone is definitely getting a mixtape after the holiday break. I just don't see how you can not have heard of Bono! He's everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom