Weird emails from U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lisa71

War Child
Anyone else getting weird "test" emails from U2.com? It just seems odd since I've also had issues with some of the yahoo groups. I keep getting unsubcribe notices when I haven't tried to unsubscribe?

I got one as well...of course, it was on my college email, which doesn't read HTML, so it came up as gibberish.

Good to know other people have too! Phew I was wondering. I've actually gotten two now.

I got one too, to my gmail account. Do not respond to these emails -- it looks like someone is harvesting email addresses for spammers, and if you reply, they'll know your account is active.

I got one too.

Here is the header:

HECTOR CORONEL <hectorcoronelg@yahoo.es>
Jan Babcock <jra125@psu.edu>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="MIMEboundary#nomimesallowedbeyondthispoint";
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Subject: test2 mailer
Reply-To: U2 <subscriptions@u2.com>
Errors-To: subscriptions@u2.com
X-Sender: U2 <subscriptions@u2.com>
X-Mailer: PHP4
X-Priority: 3
Return-Path: U2 <subscriptions@u2.com>
X-AntiAbuse: User -

Not sure if Hector Coronel or Jan Babcock (the people listed in the header) had anything to do with this e-mail or not, but note that the return path lists "subscriptions@u2.com" but Hector's and Jan's e-mails are not u2.com. One is a college e-mail (that's the .edu address for Jan). So if you start getting spam, write to those people - better yet, contact their internet providers.

Hopefully, though, this is something positive from U2.com for a change. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was wondering what this was about. Good to see I'm not the only one getting illegible emails.

Hooray for illegible emails!!! :hyper:

I got mine too! :D

Maybe they can take our $40 and use it toward hiring someone who actually knows what they're doing :|

Do you think it's just one person trying to sort things out over there? I hate to think they're paying a whole team of people...

U2dork said:
Do you think it's just one person trying to sort things out over there? I hate to think they're paying a whole team of people...

Well then it's a team sharing one brain. :madspit:

did anyone get their card and whatever else (if anything) in the mail yet? I just moved and I went to change my address and the state said Alabama :| Not exactly. The zip code was correct though. I changed it all to the new address and it said I would receive a confirmation email but I never did :huh:

It said I was in Alabama too. Worse yet, it says I'm a male when I'm female. My state eventually changed to the right one, but apparently I'm still male and it won't fix it.

i'm glad i'm not the only one having problem with emails.
i first got an email about a week or so ago, it had a bunch of pics like an html email, but none of the text showed up properly.
at first i thought it was some sort of conflict with gmail and i was just about to change my email info in my profile till i got the weird test one today.

Bono's American Wife said:
Hooray for illegible emails!!! :hyper:

I got mine too! :D

Maybe they can take our $40 and use it toward hiring someone who actually knows what they're doing :|

LOL!!!!

ADecentMelody said:
It just says test for me. The subject reads test2 mailer.

I got 3 of these today.
I'm hoping it's Larry secretly trying to contact me! :wink:

I waited for like a week to get my confirmation saying I joined the $40 membership, I finally got it and it was all jibberish. I email them and told them I wanted another invoice sent that I could have for my records, that was a week ago and they havent responded yet. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom