Week 71

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by WHYWHY:
Hey,
I was wondering, has anyone been looking for movements by WALK ON on the US charts? I'd be very interested to see if it appears anywhere in the next 2-3 weeks, as it has SUPPOSEDLY been re-released to the US market. Fingers crossed!
Bless ya!
WHYWHY

If "Walk On" has been re-released, it's not making a dent on the U.S. charts. It is not in the Hot 100 for this week's chart (March 23rd issue) and was not in the Top 20 on the Modern Rock charts for last week (March 16th issue).

Some people are reporting signficant airplay for "In a Little While" - however, that song has also yet to chart anywhere on Billboard.

U2 hangs in at number 3 on the Pop Catalog charts. Still under Creed and Bob Seger Greatest Hits (can someone explain that one to me??)

Stuck drops to number 20 on the Adult Top 40.

I heard the DJ here say, we have the new one from U2 coming up next, and they played IALW.

I may call the station today and ask them if it is an actual release from the record company or if they just played it by themselves, because I have heard them play it on there before.

Originally posted by womanfish:
I heard the DJ here say, we have the new one from U2 coming up next, and they played IALW.

Cities 97 in the Twin Cities has been playing IALW everyday for weeks and always refers to it as their latest. I have yet to hear Walk On or even Stuck on this station which plays more U2 than anyone in this area.

Curt

Originally posted by STING2:
Dr. Who,
In this forum, all the info before Week 38 was deleted by Elvis, so you would have to find an update after week 38 to show all the weeks for the country in question. Billboard magazine would only show weeks in the top 10 and top 20 for various countries, but they could be obtained. Some countries might have the info stored on their respective chart websites but I'd have to check on that.
I was just thinking that if sales of ATYCLB are strong this week in the USA that we may say 4 times platinum very soon here in the USA. When the album has sold 3.6 million and 80,000 copies are leaving stores per week, music retailers are going to be ordering a lot of albums to make sure they fully stocked for the next month. ATYCLB could see 4 times platinum as early as April.

But I kept charts for Canada, U.K., Australia, Ireland and the U.S. going through Week 52. PopMartijn kept them for the Netherlands through that time.

Someone took the initiative and created an up-to-date tally for the U.K. I have the numbers for the U.S., and PopMartijn has kept the data going strong for the Netherlands.

Therefore, if someone is willing to go back to Week 52, then go through our weekly posts to get the updates for Canada and Ireland that would be great.

Also some people have totals for places like Italy.

As such, I would like to see one thread created where each country is presented. The only posts in this thread are data for each country. Now, if someone wants to discuss data, he/she must create another thread - as I will ask the moderator to boot any non-chart/sales information out of that particular thread.

Make sense?

Any takers willing to "fill in the blanks" for Canada and Ireland and any other country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom