weaird thing about the amazon reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
just been read them before and there was about 4 good 5 star reviews... just looked back now and they seemed to have been deleted and the 3 star review that was below them has been kept

hmm...I just checked that and it seems one of the ones deleted was mine. Bastards.

Not to mention the people whose first ever review just happens to be U2's new album and they all give it 1/5..;)

I don't think it really matters. HTDAAB has held the # 1 position in Amazon music sales since a couple of weeks before it's release.

i would have thought so.....i mean to delete good reviews but keep the bad ones... i mean how many good reviews have been submitted to amazon and they just havent posted? i sent one which was never published

They have done it again.... there was a good review on there, they have now deleted that good review and replaced it with yet another poor one.... what the hell is going on with amazon

The funny thing about all those "negative" reviews is that I guarantee you that these people will be fighting for concert tickets and then singing along with all the new songs at the top of their voices. Negativity gets more attention and it seems a lot of people need attention.

still dosent explain why amazon would even delete reviews... i mean they have definatley deleted them

amazon reviews do make some different, but I think only for fans trying to get into u2 or very casual fans. I'm always trying to get into new music, and when I'm checking out a band or group that I dont know much about, I sometimes go to amazon and check the reviews about the album to get an idea. So it may effect some people.

At times, I've sent in Amazon reviews.

However, I never rely on those reviews if I want to learn more about an artist - especially one that's a bit popular. This is because there will be plenty of people who will bash an artist just for the sake of bashing them. And, as I wrote above, negative comments always garner more attention and many pathetic people love that attention. Some will be negative due to a backlash. And some will be negative (even on Interference) because an album hasn't lived up to his/her own bizarre expectations. So I tend not to judge any artist by the reviews/comments of others. I may accept a recommendation and listen to a new artist, but whether I like an artist or a CD is up to my own personal taste.

I just want to know why anyone would go through 585 reviews to make sure their's is still in there. :huh: And I sometimes give up on 100 response threads here.

Its funny that the U2 album has a 3.5 rating which is one of the lowest on the site yet its still the #1 album there and probably not even being challenged.

Yahweh said:
Its funny that the U2 album has a 3.5 rating which is one of the lowest on the site yet its still the #1 album there and probably not even being challenged.

Because there are a lot of *ssholes out there. There are many "fans" - some of whom are on this site as well - giving the album a poor rating because it didn't live up to their expecations (whatever the f*ck those were). And then you have the bashers who bash just for the fun of it. One would hope that at least the U2 fans would give the album some support, but yet, this is another reason that U2 fans are so annoying. They demand perfection and are harsh critics when that perfection doesn't materialize.

If you realy read the poor reviews on amazon and see what it really is these people are bitching about, it means nothing. It is tha e same kind of shit I heard when Achtung Baby came out.

Back
Top Bottom