We Love You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Do you all remember when U2 played a new song that the fans later named as We Love You in the Antwerp show on The Elevation Tour? Do you think they'll have that song on the new album? I don't have the song anymore (I don't know what happened with it :shrug: ) but I remember that the instrumental part sounded pretty nice, sort of a mix between Achtung Baby and All That You Can't Leave Behind. I also remember Bono saying "I'll make it up as I go along", he improvised the lyrics right up there so if it's in the album then it definitely has new lyrics and melodies. Did they ever mention this song again ever since then? I would be interested in listen to a finished version of that one. :yes:

no. it was an improv to a large extent, and if there was any of it worked on it would be so unrecognizable after 4 years of messing with it. maybe some day in the box set after they retire.

A lovely person here sent me the mp3 of it :)wink: ) and I heard it again, it's definitely improved but not the hole thing, if you listen to it there's even an effect on the background (the same one Edge uses on his guitar during the slow intro of The Fly) and Edge's both solos sounded promising (like the If You Wear That Velvet Dress kind of "solo" we hear on the background of it). Nice but I guess it didn't have anything of special on it (still I think it would be a good b-side).

DaveC said:
Nope.

That was just totally improvised for Edge's birthday.

hmm...Edge's birthday was the day after, so maybe....

i did love Edge's birthday show in Barcelona when they played Spanish Eyes!

Well Bono sang it straight to Edge, so it stands to reason that it was a birthday song.

I'm 10000% convinced this will not be on the new record. And you can quote me on that one.

it's kind of funny that bono sang "makin' up the words as i go along" when he was making up the words as he went along.

Back
Top Bottom