We are the real U2 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gorman said:
I wish they would. The problem seems to be that U2 is so concerned with being 100% perfect, that they've left themselves very little room for experimentation. That results in very good sounding albums (perhaps a little too good/slick/over-produced though), but there is definitely a "safe" aspect of them. I truly love HTDAAB, but I don't think we'll find the true magic of the songs until they perform them live.

I would love it if they took a few months off between legs of the tour, messed around in the studio (perhaps a different studio, as a change in environment can evoke new ideas), and put together an EP (similar to what Zooropa was suppose to be). The songs wouldn't have been mulled over for years, they wouldn't have time to add tons of layers and textures, and it'd just be very raw overall. I'm willing to bet that it would end up being one of U2's most well received recordings. At least by us :)

Sadly, I can't see that happening. U2's moves are very calculated. I can understand it though, they have a big reputation to live up to, and they can't risk messing that up. After all, that's why Passengers wasn't officially U2. Perhaps it is time for Passengers part 2 :)

Actually, it would probably end up sounding like R&H.

U2_Guy said:

I don't know what you are doing here either.

"You, on the other hand, attack people as well as pass judgments about them." "You stick out like a sore thumb because that's your m.o."

Talk about judgemental... You are the typical judgemental guy who judges the ppl you disagree... But only the dead dogs right?It's easy to beat on the dead dog, isn't it? It's easy to judge that guy who's the minority and call him the judge, right?

Way to go...

I don't follow what you're saying. I'm simply calling attention to the fact that you attack other people here. How is that judging? I don't think fans are idiots or geniuses when they pick a certain era of U2 over another, or a certain song over another. I'm happy that they've found enjoyment with a song I may or may not like. I don't question what it is that made them like it or how it's changed their life. Hey, good on you.

But your post took a different turn. You started talking about who the real fans are and who aren't. That is when you attacked the fans and not the music. That's when judgments started out of your posts. And I can certainly see you do that over and over on these threads. I'm not even talking about your vile hatred of Americans. I don't care what you say regarding Bush, the Republicans, etc. You only start partitioning who you don't like after someone calls you on your generality. Because the first bomb you throw is usually targetted towards Americans in general.

And whatever happened to your threat of leaving the forum for good?

ADecentMelody said:

And whatever happened to your threat of leaving the forum for good?

I'm definetely out of here for good.

To Reggie Thee Dog, uktan, rhjbonovox, if you shout..., ponkine, dalton and to some other ppl who are great u2 fans and great ppl to talk, i say goodbye. Not always we've agreed but you ppl were always educated and polited. And i'm sure i was the same with you.

To all the others... F.O. Sink into your blind devotion... Let's see if it survives when we have another Passengers.

And to the idiots who keep saying i use an alter: F.O. too. I never did.

I won't miss posting in here. But i'll keep reading the posts. I like to read intelligent stuff from the ones i mentioned above.

Ciao.

U2_Guy, you'll probably feel better in the morning. No need to stop posting.

Take a deep breath, count to ten.

U2_Guy said:

To all the others... F.O. Sink into your blind devotion... Let's see if it survives when we have another Passengers.

And to the idiots who keep saying i use an alter: F.O. too. I never did.

I won't miss posting in here. But i'll keep reading the posts. I like to read intelligent stuff from the ones i mentioned above.

Ciao.

What did I tell ya...didn't have to wait long for his true stripes to come out.

U2Kitten said:

No, ANYTHING is an opinion- it only becomes 'bashing' when you don't personally agree or want to hear it. Letting one side have their say and not allowing any opposing side is not right. If someone demands respect for their opinion they must do the same for others.

We apparently have an understanding, then! When will you be starting? :wink:

U2_Guy said:

I'm definetely out of here for good.

U2_Guy - don't let anybody run you off, man. You have a right to be here, and a right to be heard. You can't beat the swarm of opposition when you raise your head in dissent, it's true, but there are a lot of other fans that hold similar beliefs to yours, including myself. At the end of the day - well, fuck 'em, if they can't take it. It's not like this place really matters in anybody's life. It shouldn't, anyway.

Ahhh come on U2_guy, us negative posters have to stick together here. Its us that actually start the interesting discussions on this board, if not for us then all it would be is positive positive positive. As Bono once said on U2's 2nd greatest album "Jesus, Jesus help me, I'm alone in this forum errrr world, and a fuc#ed up world it is too":wink:

Wow, U2_Guy, slow down, breathe deeply, exhale. Log off for tonight, sleep on it, form some more theories, opinions and share them. I don't feel I'm any better than anyone who has posted on this thread.

Our passion is U2, love the new album, despise it, love a certain era or not. As cheesy as this sounds (and I will repeat) "we're One, but we're not the same." This has never been truer than in this thread.

All I ask is don't make generalizations of U2 fans, and don't get too caught up in the crap and everything will be fine here for you. Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion don't take everything so personally. Don't allow yourself to go overboard with your comments. Telling people to F.O. doesn't help anyone. Seriously. No one here is trying to run you off this board (well I don't think), however you are making yourself too big a target to be run off.

Chill.......

I AM A U2 LACKY. I M HETERO BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SLEEP WITH BONO, EDGE, ADAM, OR LARRY. MAYBE ALL FOUR AT ONCE. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR BONO WHISPER SWEET NOTHINGS IN MY EAR. THEN WE COULD GO FOR AN ICE CREAM CONE AT DQ. SAME-SEX MARRIAGES ARE ALLOWED IN MASS, RIGHT? NOW IF ONLY THERE WAS A PLACE THAT ALLOWED BIGAMY SAME-SEX MARRIAGES.....

This is going nowhere fast, and I've seen some inappropriate things said, therefore, I am going to close this thread.

I think that people need to remember to have respect for each other, whether an opinion is agreed on or not. Please be civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom