**We are still here!!!**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by ACROB@T:
what happened to the onlinepetition.com one, is it still going strong???

I think you might be referring to the one I started along with other fans from Latin America. As I mentioned above, we decided to close the petition in October 10th, the day the 3rd leg began. We got almost 6.000 signatures in 2 months and so, we sent them all to Principle, a document with almost 200 pages. Thanks for caring ACROB@T.

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

Yes, Ive pretty much discussed this to death.
I just wonder, (in fact I dont really because I know exactly what would have happened),what AMericans would have said and done if U2 hadn't toured there. Just put yourselves in those who have missed out's shoes...

Maria Teresa, I am having problems finding my U2daily boy! I asked him to take it down ages ago, but I will keep trying. He may be away from his com at present.

Thanks for the support guys
smile.gif

Come on guys...every name counts...

Thanks again and good point Zoomanda
biggrin.gif

Jon

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

No problems Amanda, we might start everything again next year, that?s our strategy...the problem is that we didn?t build a proper website like you Aussies did, and I was having some problems with the free online service we chose.
I?ll remind people from my lists about your campaign tonight, when I get home, be sure.
smile.gif

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

OK...Touring US for a 3rd time now I hear...this has gone beyond a fucking joke.

Vote Oz! (and South America
smile.gif
)

------------------

Okay, I kept my promise. Just sent messages to my mailing lists again (2 lists, more than 600 subscribers) reminding people here about your campaign and website, hope it helps. Good luck.
smile.gif

------------------

Thanks heaps for that follower...its good to see us all pull together and give it a shot. Hearing of yet MORE US dates makes it harder to keep trying
frown.gif

Zoomanda, you mentioned something in another thread about Larry saying "not a chance". Was that to a tour to Oz/South America??

Oh dear...very different band from what I thought they were...its like Oasis or something!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Yeah before we know it Larry will be head butting fans in the streets hehe

Someone here said that they asked Larry and Edge if they were touring Australia at one of the shows the other night and Larry replied "Not a chance."
So now they are called UPOO

Well isn't he a right fuckwit then...

Yes, you heard me all you Larry lovers...FUCK WIT!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Lots of people laugh at me when I get angry...I am now adding you to the list...

VOTE OZ!!!!!!
frown.gif

------------------

I understand all your frustrations. I can't complain; U2 has smothered the US this year, hell I've gotten to see them 5 times on this tour.

But I seriously have to ask what message a petition sends to U2. On the one hand, it shows U2 that they have a lot of fans in places like South America and Australia. On the other hand, it may make them feel like it's just more people wanting a piece of them (if that makes any sense).

I'm sure they want to play those places. I wouldn't be surprised if they get to those places next year and skip the US for a while.

Anyway, good luck to y'all.

Yep, unfortunately, Larry did indeed say "Not a Chance" when an Australian asked him if they were going there. It was after the show at MSG in New York on 10/25.
But he didn't say it any malicious kind of way - more matter of fact than anything.

(but I mean, at least the guy is honest, eh? Bono would beat around the bush and give you guys false hope in the meantime!)

Originally posted by popkidu2:
But I seriously have to ask what message a petition sends to U2. On the one hand, it shows U2 that they have a lot of fans in places like South America and Australia. On the other hand, it may make them feel like it's just more people wanting a piece of them (if that makes any sense).

popkid, although the main subject of this thread is the australian petition but as the author of the latin american one, the one we closed last October 10th, I would like to clarify some things, if you don?t mind.

Our goal was to reassure the band and its staff about our love and commitment to U2 and their art and also provide some arguments and statistics in favour of our intention. We are not innocent, we are aware of our economic situation and the problems they faced and still have faced on bringing Popmart to our continent, especially some local problems in Brazil and M?xico, but we do think that it has to exist a solution.

I never thought this way, that we were demanding a piece of them. And you know what? I have had this strange thought lately, concerning U2 touring South America especifically, which not includes M?xico. The only opportunity we had was with Popmart and sometimes I think that it would be better if they had never come in fact, so that we wouldn?t feel used to their presence and we wouldn?t take for granted that they would come back.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom