Watch U2 Eat Pizza and Discuss their Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to see Bono take notice of how "rediculously" long the album titles are. :wink: Maybe he'll shorten the next one up.

Great watch! I wish it was longer :(
Larry seemed actually mad. lol.

during the interview, Larry reaches over into that bowl and eats something. what was that? he peels something off of it then eats it. I thought it was a pickle, but you can't really peel a pickle can you?

anyhow, the interview was great. I really like the fact that we got to see Larry's reaction to them cutting him off. He was pretty angry, but that's good, shows how much he cares about thanking everyone who made it possible for them. :)

other than that.. pizza :drool:

This proves that U2 doing anything ordinary is still U2 doing something ordinary. That makes it, by definition, something extraordinary.

I'd pay money to watch Larry fold laundry, or to watch Edge garden.

oooooooooooooh breaking news, bono referred to That You and the Bomb as a "pair" of albums, thus perhaps ending the trilogies pattern. what more could be in store?!??!1 :hyper:

cute interview but that reporter was way too flattering, she's hurting the band and she doesn't even know it. :tsk:

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
oooooooooooooh breaking news, bono referred to That You and the Bomb as a "paid" of albums, thus perhaps ending the trilogies pattern. what more could be in store?!??!1 :hyper:

cute interview but that reporter was way too flattering, she's hurting the band and she doesn't even know it. :tsk:
She'll be terminated immediately, sir.

i like how bono reaches over and picks something off a slice of pizza and then doesn't take the slice out of the box. :drool:

youtooellen said:
during the interview, Larry reaches over into that bowl and eats something. what was that? he peels something off of it then eats it. I thought it was a pickle, but you can't really peel a pickle can you?
I'm pretty sure it was a chocolate or a lolly. I'd say a chocolate, because the lollies that come wrapped up are usually the hard ones, and Larry chewed whatever it was for a fair while. So yeah, I think it was a chocolate. :)

And thanks for the video! I love how Larry acted so hurt that they cut him off, and saying he had a poem prepared etc. And Bono made me laugh when he said he only just realised how riduculously long the past two album titles have been. :giggle:

Meghan said:

I'm pretty sure it was a chocolate or a lolly. I'd say a chocolate, because the lollies that come wrapped up are usually the hard ones, and Larry chewed whatever it was for a fair while. So yeah, I think it was a chocolate. :)

yeah it looked like one of those chocolate gold coins to me. The color of their Grammies whoo hoo.

Just watched it and all I could think was they must be so sick of doing these interviews by now. Imagine having to talk about the same thing over and over again to people who don't really know what they're talking about anyway. Pain in the arse!

Still, though I don't put too much weight in the Grammys, I do hope that some of the other songs will be discovered. I agree that I think Miracle Drug and Original Of the Species are really good tracks (with a preference for the former) so it'd be great to hear them loved more, but I'd still like to hear something new soon!

Oh, and I agree re the album titles - the last two of which have been awful. And, whatever happened to great album art like Acthung Baby, Zooropa or Pop? But that's a tale for another thread...

It is a topic for another thread but since the video is downloading I have no comments so I will say - I think the artwork for ATYCLB was great - really captured the essence of the album.

VertigoGal said:
...Bono referred to That You and the Bomb as a "pair" of albums, thus perhaps ending the trilogies pattern. what more could be in store....

Noticed that too!! Maybe a few surprises left in the boys yet! They seemed very calm for just having swept the place clean of awards, didn't they? Enjoyed the interview - thanks for the link!

thanks so very much for that file CPTLCTYGOOFBALL!

that was great to watch...I'm very glad Larry got a chance to complain about being cut off, it was funny to watch that...
"I don't know! I think it was...it was a...some kind of...malfunction!", and I love his accent when he said he was a little "hurt",ooh. And that he was "on his knees; which is not a good thing....for a drummer." too funny!
they seemed very relaxed and happy, and sweetly sitting thru this interview waiting to really lay back eat some 'za and be together!
and now I want some 'za too dammit!

Back
Top Bottom