Was Window in the Skies a "hit"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
um 15 grammy awards since discotheque?

i think theyve "recovered" :rolleyes:

blaming discotheque for the lack of success of WITS is one of the most absurd arguments ive ever seen in this forum, and that is saying something.

Chizip said:
um 15 grammy awards since discotheque?

i think theyve "recovered" :rolleyes:

blaming discotheque for the lack of success of WITS is one of the most absurd arguments ive ever seen in this forum, and that is saying something.

And how many top 10 hits in the US since that stinker?

actually discotheque was their first u.s. top ten hit since one, and the last one they've had so far.

you factor in digital downloads and vertigo would've been a top 10-er.

i dont think u2 will ever recover from shadows and tall trees :tsk:

If only Larry had done the choreography, things would have been different!

On Topic: I just turned on iTunes and the first song on random was Window In The Skies! bum bum BUMMM! :eek:

roy said:
It may not have done much in the US but they are, no doubt, still trying to recover from the simply awful Discothèque. However it may take another decade to fully get this joke of lead single out of their system.

Is this your way of hitting back at the people that appreciate Pop on this forum? Cos it's fucking awful and immature. :down:

They're revered in America now for the 2 huge freaking hit albums ATYCLB & HTDAAB. Who even remembers Discotheque anymore except for hardcore fans like us???

What he said is no worse than the way some people talk about ATYCLB/HTDAAB on these forums as well. So I don't know where the double standard is coming from.

Zootlesque said:
Pop vs. ATYCLB. Will it ever grow old??????

:cool:

:|

The answer is Pop. Next question. :wink:

Anyway, U2 sucks now because of Elvis Ate America. Fact. The next album will also be horrible, and any albums the band members' children may release will also suck because of that "song".

LyricalDrug said:
I wouldn't call it a mainstream hit by any stretch. The video was a hit on youtube, though, that's for sure.

It will definitely be played on future tours. Bono is seriously, seriously proud of this song (as he should be, IMO). Sure, he always hypes the latest U2 song, but he REALLY hyped this song. Called it something like "the universal song, the song that every generation sings to the next one." It's a massive, catchy, stadium anthem, and I can't wait to see Bono hold out the microphone, so 50,000 people can sing "oh can't you see what love has done" on the next tour.

FWIW, I personally rank it as the second best U2 song of all time, after Streets. It's just insanely catchy, the middle 8 is awesome, the 6/8 time signature is trippy, the chorus is huge, and it's got a great melody.

oh my god.

I mean its an okay (at best) song, dont get me wrong. Or let me say its not horrible. Maybe it will be better live. But if it were the "second best u2 song of all time" then i guess i probably wouldnt be much of a fan.

Mrs. Garrison said:

oh my god.

I mean its an okay (at best) song, dont get me wrong. Or let me say its not horrible. Maybe it will be better live. But if it were the "second best u2 song of all time" then i guess i probably wouldnt be much of a fan.

:shrug: It's not their most experimental track, but it's still good. "Second best" may be a bit of a stretch....

Mrs. Garrison said:
oh my god.

I agree. They have tons of better songs! But hey, it's all opinion.

Right, its an opinion and im glad people like WITS. It just goes to show what a diverse group of people we u2 fans are, all over the world in every corner with a variety of likes and dislikes.

I sometimes find myself having a new favorite u2 song. I had a patio party a few weeks back and the music playing in the house was a mix of several discs including the "Best of 90-00 B-sides" and everytime during that disc when we went in to the fridge for more beers people came out and complimented that disc. On my turn to grab more rounds "electrical storm" was playing, which blew me away. Not that i hadnt heard it many times before but it sure felt good. Several people commented on that song as well. Makes me want to have a few drinks and listen to it, i love that song.

Kind of like I didnt really like "Fast Cars" until i heard a lot of people saying this or that about it and then suddenly i liked it a lot. Weird.

The thing with WITS is had it not been so "overproduced" (sorry i think that term gets overused) it could have been great. It is really missing something, i dont know what it is, but when i first heard a clip of that song on u218.com or whatever that website was i liked it quite a bit. But when i hear the song in its entirety it is far less appealing. It sounds so "unnatural" and "caged". So the original poster may have been onto someting, it may be a great live song. Unless they never play it.

Dear Canadians:

It was a South Park reference, not a challenge to your general wonderfulness.

Back
Top Bottom