Was Bono drunk during some performances of ZOO TV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Searcher

The Fly
Most of his sayings were kinda slurred, or awkward... and he flailed his arms around a lot during songs...

I'm sure there was a fair amount of drinking but I wouldn't say there were a lot of beligerant drunk performances.

:lol: But I have to laugh because most of your reasoning fumbling speech and arms flailing are pretty natural for Bono.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'm sure there was a fair amount of drinking but I wouldn't say there were a lot of beligerant drunk performances.

:lol: But I have to laugh because most of your reasoning fumbling speech and arms flailing are pretty natural for Bono.

:yes:

judging by this list, id say its highly probable

u21.gif

I remember a Bono quote from last year where he said he's only performed drunk once in his career.

I knew to place that one in the "Bono says a lot of things" file.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
I remember a Bono quote from last year where he said he's only performed drunk once in his career.

I knew to place that one in the "Bono says a lot of things" file.

u2fp

Then again, Bono's definition of drunk may differ from most.:wink:

Why does this sound like one of the questions MattFromNYC would ask?:eyebrow:

It's very unprofessional and rude to the fans to perform drunk and I don't think Bono would ever do it twice. He's said he's only done it once.

I doubt he was drunk, listen to the speeches he made during the Zoo Tv shows. Much more interesting and coherent than those during the vertigo tour. He wouldnt have been able to do that if he was hammered.

I don't think Bono would perform totally drunk. There is possibly some alcohol involved in one show or the other, but drunk .. I think his outpoor of adrenaline is enough to keep him high for hours. And I also think him acting "drunk" is actually his real behaviour. Bless him.

Now you got me really curious: Which show, according to Bono's confession, was a drunk performance?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

exactly:lmao: he did the same during elevation and vertigo...lots of flailing, falling, tripping, forgetfulness, stumbling,awkwardness, I wouldn't doubt he had a few drinks but I think its mostly just him.....clumbsy bono:heart:

An Cat Gav said:
I doubt he was drunk, listen to the speeches he made during the Zoo Tv shows. Much more interesting and coherent than those during the vertigo tour. He wouldnt have been able to do that if he was hammered.

My thoughts xactly!

I wouldn't mind, provided that the concert wouldn't be ruined by his drunk performance :wink:

It's nothing new, I mean, almost every classic band (from Beatles onwards, and even before, in Jazz times most of artists like Coltrane, Davis, Parker, etc performed stoned or drunk) has performed with the influence of drugs and alcohol, some more, some less

last unicorn said:
Now you got me really curious: Which show, according to Bono's confession, was a drunk performance?

Washington DC in 1992 mayby? :p From watching the bootleg he seems a bit more "on" that night compared to the other shows.

I think Bono was a little lit at the last Oakland, CA show I went to...he forgot some words the first few songs. :lol:

i'll believe bono if he says he's only been drunk on stage once... but i do believe the word "drunk" means completely different things to those who are of the drink and those who go out every now and then.

when bono says he's only been drunk at one show, he probably means fall down, slur words, close to puking drunk once.

if anyone actually believes that none of these 4 lads from ireland have hit the stage under the influence of a few cocktails more than once, well then...

Brooklyn.Bridge.jpeg

... name your price and it's yours.

One of the Zoo shows I attended he appeared to be a bit tipsy compared to the other Zoo shows I saw. :shrug: He wasnt drunk, but he seemed to at least have a little bit of a buzz going.

ponkine said:
I wouldn't mind, provided that the concert wouldn't be ruined by his drunk performance :wink:

It's nothing new, I mean, almost every classic band (from Beatles onwards, and even before, in Jazz times most of artists like Coltrane, Davis, Parker, etc performed stoned or drunk) has performed with the influence of drugs and alcohol, some more, some less

besides actually physically throwing up on my face...there is nothing drunk Bono could do to ruin it:lol: and even then I would be "the girl Bono threw up on":hmm: I'm liking this...:hmm::wink:

if I had to go onstage and perform in front of thousands:yikes:...you'd better believe I'd thrown down a few to relax.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom