Was Bono drunk during some performances of ZOO TV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[QUOTEif anyone actually believes that none of these 4 lads from ireland have hit the stage under the influence of a few cocktails more than once, well then...

[/B][/QUOTE]

Does this include awards shows?

Chizip said:
judging by this list, id say its highly probable

u21.gif

I'm hoping the Black Opal is for the crew---sheesh----

partygirl43 said:

I'm hoping the Black Opal is for the crew---sheesh----

Most of all that alcohol listed was for the crew & for the gi-normous parties that they would have before, during, and after the shows. Flanagan talks about a few in his book. Celebs galore (like all the people u2.com felt the need to call out in each Vertigo show's review...:huh: ) and local friends of the band & crew would attend. Actually, the fact that that alcohol list is the only thing that thesmokinggun.com has on the band is pretty darn impressive!

I've always thought he looked pretty drunk during "Helter Skelter" and "Bad" in Rattle and Hum the movie. At that one point in "Helter Skelter" when he's holding his necklace/chain out, he looks like he can barely stand!

And at the end of "Bad" after he hugs Adam around the neck, he practically stumbles off stage.

Yeah, I'd say he was pretty in the bag that night.

Wasn't he drunk when he introduced Frank Sinatra in the R 'n R Hall of Fame?! (I only read about that) Unfortunately I have never seen his speech...

Bona Vox said:
Wasn't he drunk when he introduced Frank Sinatra in the R 'n R Hall of Fame?! (I only read about that) Unfortunately I have never seen his speech...

You mean when he introduced Frank Sinatra at the Grammys?

Pop Artist said:

Wow, that is a blast from the past. Actually watching it again now, the B-man doesn't really seem to be drunk as I remembered... :)

Nah, he looked good spoke great, it was awsome, in the book it says how Bono kept encouraging the grammy people to let FS continue speaking and they kept telling Bono to go out there and get him and he wouldn't until it got a little embarrassing. So I really don't think he was even tipsy based on what I read.

Back
Top Bottom