Warrior Jesus + Mohammed, and their Scorched Earth Policy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
what a fucking idiot!!!!

some woman on the O'Reily Factor is saying that Jesus and Mohammed preached a "scorcehd earth" policy and were "warrior deities"

she sites that Hitler was a Catholic and if everyone were an atheist the world would be tranquil and safe

i just had to share that, that was funny enough to make even angry wanderer laugh

Oh, barf! I'm coming to the realization that fundamentalism of any sort can be quite dangerous. I cannot speak for Jesus Christ, but I don't think He put up any fight (physically) when He died for us, nor do I think of Him as a Warrior. He was all about sacrifice & Love....I think. Don't know diddly 'bout Muhammed.

Atheism would make the world tranquil and safe? Two words: Joseph Stalin. He killed more people than Hitler and would have had his own Jewish Holocaust had it not been for his death on the eve it was supposed to be carried out in 1953.

And Hitler was born Catholic, but he was a lapsed Catholic, so much like most of the Catholics my age. He often conflicted with the Vatican, and even sent some Catholics to concentration camps. He can hardly be judged by his religion.

Atheists can be funny for their revisionism. In fact, they are often like Christian fundamentalists--just different by being at the end of their ideological spectrums. It's hard to argue with either one of them regarding religion, because they both insist they're right!
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!

I should have my own news show, or at least my own newspaper editorial column. I've always wanted one, and--I think many of you here will at least agree with this--even if you disagree with me, I always try and make it well-written.

The woman on the O'Reilly Factor, on the other hand, would be a poor editorialist. I'm often amazed that such fanatics even make it to the light of day.

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!

Heeeeeeeyyy....what about those Satanists, huh?? hhhmmmmm? They're a peaceful bunch, right? (actually, most seem to be)
wink.gif

Anyway, I think that Extreme atheists, like a lot of the ACLU-fanatics, are just as weird & scary as the Fundamentalists. I mean, it bothers them sooooo much to have to ignore someone else's expression of Faith. I think we could ALL excercise that option: allowing someone to freely (peacefully, ahem) express their faith that we don't believe, without getting our f(*&!@#$'ing noses out-of-joint.
smile.gif
so there!
smile.gif

Originally posted by melon:
I should have my own news show, or at least my own newspaper editorial column. I've always wanted one, and--I think many of you here will at least agree with this--even if you disagree with me, I always try and make it well-written.

Back
Top Bottom