Warning about New DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rihannsu

Refugee
Just to let everyone know, there is a new DVD documentary on U2 available on Amazon called "More in Sorrow Than in Anger".

DO NOT BE FOOLED although it is billed as Silver and Gold Productions I bought it and it is the Chrome Dreams "The Unforgettable Journey" DVD repackaged with nothing on the outside to identify it as such. Only once you open the package (which in most cases means you can't return it) on the disc itself around the center hole on the side opposite the label it says "The Unforgettable Journey" and once you play the thing the screen comes up Chrome Dreams "The Unforgettable Journey". Nowhere does it use the title "More in Sorrow than in Anger". Chrome Dreams has repackaged this documentary repeatedly with deceptive packaging so that you can't tell it's the same old thing until you open it. Major rip-off here. I wanted to post this as soon as possible so that others wouldn't be duped into ordering it. I may be lucky enough to be able to return mine because the disc was loose within the case and rattled around scratching the surface severely. I will see if I actually get a refund from Amazon. I also attempted to post these comments in the review and discussion sections about the product but don't know if they will be let through. Please circulate this in whatever forums it should be in.

Dana

Have you written to Amazon? Their customer service department responds quickly. I'm sure you could get a refund under those circumstances and they might pull it down off the site.

silvrlvr said:
Have you written to Amazon? Their customer service department responds quickly. I'm sure you could get a refund under those circumstances and they might pull it down off the site.

The disc was scratched due to being lose in the DVD case so I put in for a refund because of damage. But I did post a comment in the discussions and posted a review and when the email for rating your purchase shows up I'll rant again in there.

Dana

That's a smart idea. Amazon doesn't want to be known for bootlegs or for damaged goods (they have enough to worry about with competition!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom