WARNING about hosting VERTIGO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Anyone with a website.... who is hosting Vertigo, or is planning to....

I'd STRONGLY advise that you use email or other methods to send the track around.

You never know who is watching... and keep in mind, the RIAA represents the record label, not the band.

Joel

ladywithspinninghead said:
Millions of hits - I believe it!
But still haven't beaten the record of 600+ at one time in March (2002??).

The reason we hit such a high then.. was because our threads somehow were getting included in google news... and we ended up on the top of the main google news page, with a thread about the war in IRAQ.

achtung davy said:
hey elvis, do you know how many hits the site got today?

Yeah, I've never seen so many people browsing the forum! :happy: Have we broken some kind of record?

I hope no one will get into trouble over this:| It's okay if we here on Interference hear it, because we are only anxious because we LOVE this band, and we're all gonna buy it, and the single, the import, etc. :yes: :angel: :)

Oh no, what happened? Did you get a letter or anything?

FYI, to the person who asked about a a cease and desist letter. No, they just contact your host and have them shut your site down. I got a letter later ordering me to remove the files but I was also denied access to them. :shrug:

Sounds like that's what might have happened to LivLuv. :angry:

It's actually pretty incredible.

U2valencia.com has already been shutdown because of the mp3. Apparently they also got a nasty email/message and they're website was shutdown. They're trying to get it back.

I would probably advise everyone who is hosting it to take it down and transfer via email.

Yeah, I contacted school (my host) and now Student Life has beef with me. I work in the department that removes access for these kinds of things and basically, the folder in question is still there, but no one (including myself) has access to it. I've already contacted Student Life and turned myself in for an AUP violation (I don't think much happens besides a reprimand). It's amazing, this all in less than 24 hrs. And they never give you a warning! I saw this thread and thought "oh shit" so I right away tried to remove the folder but it was already a done deal.

The only positive thing is that once they scare everyone shitless and no one shares files, all those RIAA bastards will be out of their jobs!

ramblin rose said:
It's actually pretty incredible.

U2valencia.com has already been shutdown because of the mp3. Apparently they also got a nasty email/message and they're website was shutdown. They're trying to get it back.

I would probably advise everyone who is hosting it to take it down and transfer via email.

Wow...

Thank the Lord I took that file off when I did. :huh:

It sucks...I am an audio engineer and my livelyhood depends on people buying music so I understand both sides. I have to say though that the minute people STOP downloading your music, that is something to worry about.

There are whole teams at the labels and RIAA, ASCAP, SESAC that are surfing constantly for mp3 postings. One of the only ways that they can curtail it.

I think it is ironic however that the same companies suing kids are the same ones selling them blank cd's. (ie Sony)

Hello, Hello?

I just found this on wire, some guy is laying half and faked Vertigos all over kazaa~

I know everyone on Wire will buy the album and MOST will even buy the singles too. I'm not conserned about us sharing the MP3 amongst ourselves for a taste of "things to come" :)
Let me tell you what I've done. I've just created about 20 FAKE vertigo mp3s (they start out real for about 10 seconds and then go blank) and put them ready on kazaa so that people (non supportive U2 fans) won't download the REAL one and just burn the CD. I've already had a few suckers take the bate!
maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm irrational, but I'm definitely U2 fan! :D

His attitude is that wire fans are going to buy the album regardless of if they download it or not but he's trying to trick casual fans from getting a copy. What do y'all think of this plan?

wasilefsky said:
Fuck the RIIA, i'm uploading it to some webspace today!! Bring it on bitches!!! I'll post the link later.

-Waz

Yeah, I said the same thing and mine was toast within 24 hrs. :rant:

Back
Top Bottom