Walk On (Single Version) is Better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Yes.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I'm sorry, that makes no sense
It's the same but has more good stuff cut out!

------------------
If you take a drive, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat
If you talk a walk, I'll tax your feet
I'm the taxman!

Originally posted by Basstrap:

It's the same but has more good stuff cut out!

Agreed!

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

http://www.u2france.com/Walk%20On%20(Single%20Version).mp3

The good version.

http://www.u2france.com/Walk%20On%20(Video%20Version).mp3

An overglamorized radio edit.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

[This message has been edited by melon (edited 10-31-2001).]

I like the piano intro better. It's also has less studio filtering. I like the "Hallelujah" ending better than the contrived and overlengthy "All that You Can't Leave Behind" ending.

And it's better because I say so!
wink.gif

Melon

------------------

Try again. I see they are up again.

Melon

------------------

It's basically the live version compressed into the studio. To me, it sounds almost identicle to the telethon version they did from London, with some added piano. I wouldn't be surprised if it were the rehersal of that very telethon, or, perhaps, a pre-telethon recording for the single (they may have decided to record the single version while at the same studio), as Bono's voice sounds very similar to the telethon version (it's also got the "count on two fingers" line, which was started then).

My opinion? I think the album version is more smooth and intense. This version sounds a bit sparse in some places, although I do like the piano intro better here. All in all, I like the albmum version better.

------------------
The Tempest

[This message has been edited by Michael Griffiths (edited 10-31-2001).]

I really like this version, but I also really miss the "hooooome" verses which are lacking. Not sure if I like it better than the album version, but it is close for sure.

I liked the album version better than the new single version.
Personally I'd inject more of the traditional U2 music into the song rather than take it out.

I heard the new single version played at the match yesterday.

And if you are wondering what match I mean, this gives me a chance to enjoy my other passion in life...

Liverpool 3 Manchester United 1

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Are you City in disguise?!

(Cue the brothers Gallagher)

------------------
Looking for explanations? Well I don't even understand

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:

And if you are wondering what match I mean, this gives me a chance to enjoy my other passion in life...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

There's only 1 JAAP STAM!!!
biggrin.gif

Wasn't it sweet??
smile.gif

Bring on Barca!

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You tw*t. You think just because you fookin' mention Manchester I'm supposed to come running like some trained b*tch. Fook off, man.

Originally posted by Liam Gallagher:
You tw*t. You think just because you fookin' mention Manchester I'm supposed to come running like some trained b*tch. Fook off, man.

You forgot to say "Do you know what I mean?" at the end of your post. You're busted!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Originally posted by mikal:
You forgot to say "Do you know what I mean?" at the end of your post. You're busted!

I'm refusing to quote me fookin' arse of a brother's lyrics at the moment. But what about you? You're tops, man. To quote the great Spinal Tap, much better writers than me brother, "lick my love pump".

Originally posted by Liam Gallagher:
I'm refusing to quote me fookin' arse of a brother's lyrics at the moment. But what about you? You're tops, man. To quote the great Spinal Tap, much better writers than me brother, "lick my love pump".

hmmm... that's funny! I remember you saying "Do you know what I mean?" after literally every sentence on the VH1 Behind The Music episode. Maybe I know Liam better than you know Liam. HAHAHAHAHA!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

I love this version. I just want to know when/where I can buy it. Hard to say which is better. My one criticism is that the HALLELUHJAH's should have been mixed in at a higher volume. It would be more powerful if they came in a t a higher volume.

It sounds like this is the version that's currently playing on UK radio. I also agree it sounds like this was done at the Heros Tribute performance, possibly at the rehersal for it. Edge's guitar sounds like that peformance as do the vocals.

jules.

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
I assume this is the Aussie single version?
actually, this one is on the version that has the acoustic Stuck in a Moment

I agree with Melon -- it's great

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom