Walk On(My Definitive Mix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Zoot's Stuck post reminded me of this mix of Walk On I made a few nights ago. It's a mix of the album version and the 'Hallelujah' mix. The 'Hallelujah' mix lacks the 'home' bridge, which I consider to be the best part of the song. Why it continually gets cut in so many mixes of the song is beyond me. It's not like they cut it live. Anyway, my mix is essentially the intro and outro of the 'Hallelujah' mix, with the album version in the middle. This is, imo, what the single mix of Walk On should have been. Tell me what you think.

http://tinyurl.com/ed9co

WalkOn21 said:
I would actually prefer the whole single mix, with the 'home' part mixed in

I agree completely!!! Lately (after watching the Slane dvd) I've really really fallen in love with the 'single' version of Walk On... the opening, the hallelujah ending, heck.. even the way he sings certain words and phrases sound much better to me on the single version... like the way he sings 'I know it aches, your heart it breaks' for instance and also in the chorus how he stresses on the 'Walk' instead of the 'On'. I know.. these may seem like little things but they've really been instrumental in making this song one of my all-time favorites! But why, oh why did they cut out the 'Home' part? That's the best part of the album version!

So namkcuR, I do like your mix but if you could tweak the Single to include the Home bit, that would be the ultimate version for me. :drool: and I will forever be your slave. :wink:

U2Man said:
ATYCLB is finally starting to grow on Zootlesque.

I didn't say that... :shifty:

Although... lately, I've been trying to make an extended 15 or 16 track ATYCLB with perfect flow. :drool:

:shifty:

I think if you took the entire Mike Hedge's Hallelulah mix and just put in the album version bridge, it would be an absolute work of perfection. Trying the same on the single version wouldn't work, since the song is in a different key and at a slightly faster tempo.

As for this mix, as it is, I love it. The editing on the intro is a little iffy, as one part seems choppy before the guitar kicks in. But it's damn good!

Zootlesque said:

I didn't say that... :shifty:

Although... lately, I've been trying to make an extended 15 or 16 track ATYCLB with perfect flow. :drool:

:shifty:

ooh. when you do, let me know by PM or start a thread!

Nice. It has the best parts of both versions. I'm definitely in the same boat where I hear the single mix and then say "I miss the album mix" and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom