Walk on... live, single, or album...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was just wondering which version of 'Walk on' the most. Personally, I have to say that the album version to me is the best. For some reason its just so much more magical then any of the other versions. There is just something about it that really gets to me that the live and single version can't match. How about you?

The album version has the reassuring "home verses" while the single version sounds more polished....crisp (Hallelujah's). The live version combines the both of them. I personally can't go without either part so I vote for the live version.

negative3.jpg

Live, and specifically the Grammy version of it. Arguably the best performance ever of it.

Live.

I'm obsessed with live U2 but I will say that I really enjoy the ablum version. I'm not a big fan of the single version and the hallelujahs. Also, isn't there less guitar in that? I haven't listened to it in a long time so I don't remember. But I thought that was the reason I didn't like it as much.

Swan269 said:
The album version has the reassuring "home verses" while the single version sounds more polished....crisp (Hallelujah's). The live version combines the both of them. I personally can't go without either part so I vote for the live version.

agreed

arw9797 said:
Live.

I'm obsessed with live U2 but I will say that I really enjoy the ablum version. I'm not a big fan of the single version and the hallelujahs. Also, isn't there less guitar in that? I haven't listened to it in a long time so I don't remember. But I thought that was the reason I didn't like it as much.

exactly the same for me !!
smilejap.gif

Live. I don't like the album version's intro or end. The single version is too restrained. It really comes alive live.

martha said:
Single. That piano, those hallelujahs... :heart:

:yes: :up: Its all about the piano bit for me, and the hallelujahs. Although i do like the album version too, especially after they played it on Alias that one time, it made me go pull out my ATYCLB again..but im still mostly for the single.

And don't even get me started on tribute to heroes. :faint: Just beautiful. Seeing that on tv finally made me go get my first u2 album, and i've been off and running since! :)

walk on

the album version is good... but the live version is best... especially the live at Slane Castle (Ireland) >>>"cause u know it was dedicated to Bono's father (Bob Hewson) who passed away few days ago >>> u c >>it was great and dramatic.....so walk on and leave it behind!!!!

def the live version. it just brings it all together and has way more energy.

Back
Top Bottom