Walk On= definitive 2000 U2 track... should be on Best of 1990-2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Since 9/11, I feel "Walk On" is the definitive track from ATYCLB and U2 should put it on their Best of... and maybe kick "Stuck" off.

But that's just my opinion. :scream:

Gotta save something

The last "Best Of" that they are contracted for should be from 2000 to 2010, since the others were 1980-1990 and 1990-2000. So they need to keep something good, one of the more attractive songs off ATYCLB, to help sell that last Best Of, in case God forbid they should tank over the next 8 years (like that will happen). That's just my humble opinion.......

I see what you're saying, but I'm not that upset over Walk On's absence...I dunno, it just doesn't bother me as much. Great tune, love the song, but I like the tracklisting just fine. I think "Stuck In a Moment..." is a great tune, and worthy to be on the Best Of.

no it's not. the single wasn't released until feb. 2001, along with stuck in a moment. that's why those two songs aren't on there.

honestly, i still don't see what's the big deal about songs being on there or not being on there. who cares? we have all the albums and it appears most of us have the means to either buy, trade, or make a cd featuring whatever we wanted if we just had to have a mix tape.

honestly, i still don't see what's the big deal about songs being on there or not being on there. who cares? we have all the albums and it appears most of us have the means to either buy, trade, or make a cd featuring whatever we wanted if we just had to have a mix tape.

That's not the point... A Best of Album is like a LP monument representing a particular era... It doesn't matter that the rest of us have all the album.

theSoulfulMofo said:
That's not the point... A Best of Album is like a LP monument representing a particular era... It doesn't matter that the rest of us have all the album.
how is it not the point? as it's been said by myself and others, songs coming after 2000 aren't going to be represented. i think it's kinda weird for them to split up atyclb like that, but hey, it's not my final decision. the way i see it, if people are unhappy with the track listing, fine. complaining doesn't do any good, just don't buy theirs and make your own.

:tsk: Four words: IT DOES NOT FIT!!!

Take sometime to look at the track listing. Walk On is a great song. NOT good but GREAT. Its in my top 5 U2 songs of all time but the song just would not fit the "feel" along with the other songs.

bono_luvva said:
why should songs from after 2000 be on it seeing as it is a 1990-2000 best of...it doesn't make any sense :confused: :shrug:

Elevation & Walk On are 2000 tunes. It doesn't really matter if they were released as singles in 2001. ATYCLB came out in 2000. If the next Best of is 2000-2010, I'm guessing 2000 tunes can still be included, so the 2000-2001 thing doesn't really matter. Plus songs from 2002 are included on the new BO. I don't know why they just didn't call it what it is, 1991-2002. :confused: :scratch:

KhanadaRhodes said:

because U2 are :coocoo: :wink:

LMAO that smiley is soooo funny!!!!

I love walk on but I think that and Elevation will be saved for 2000 - 2010!!!

looking forward to that one ;) LOL:up:

The single version (shorter version, I believe) of Walk On wasn't released until 2001. Meanwhile, the song really didn't get it's dues or serve it's biggest purpose until 9/11 came. It really is a 2001 song in my book. Obviously, the hit version that we've heard of Elevation (the Tomb Raider Mix) didn't exist until 2001 either, so we'll have to wait for the next Best Of for that as well.

It still irks me that "Hands" and "Electrical Storm" were written and recorded in 2002......yet they're on this Best Of.............

Maybe they could have avoided all this confusion by just releasing a best of the 80's disc, best of the 90's disc and at some point in the future a best of 00's.......:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom