WALK ON....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkmoon1021

Acrobat
...which version do you like the best?

ATYCLB

Tribute To Heroes Live

Remade Single

I would have to go with ATYCLB. I love them all, but from the 1st time I heard it I loved the album version. Bono's voice is just perfect on it to me. I feel the same way about "One" on AB. I love some of the live versions, like Passengers & Net Aid, but to my ears, the album version can't be topped.

What do you all think?

I like the Hallelujah's. It was a great ending to the concert (although following it with a full band version of '40' would have been the icing).

ATYCLB. However I do like the halleujahs but the mix isn't as good as the mix on the album.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Definately A Tribute to Heroes...just gorgeous!

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

I like the Remade single (from "7") the best. I like the "leave it behind"'s quiet and mellow, and then the build up to the "Hallelujas".

It reminds me of how they did it on the tour. *sniff*
frown.gif

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

All the versions are fantastic, with the exception of the video/radio edit version.

I honestly can't decide between the album version (with the solo and the "home" lyrics) and the tribute version (with the POE intro and strong "hallejuah" finish..."see you when i get home! sister!")

The Trib version is great. I like Bono's "Whoa" in the intro & the build up end the end. But I definitely prefer the CD version with Edge's guitar solo & the piano towards the end, along with Bono's "hoo". I just remember when heard that track for the for the 1st time, I had similiar feelings when I first heard One-Classic U2.

Anyone Know where I can get the Remade version with the Hallelujiah's?.. I can't get into Mike's FTP site.. and blood red skyis always busy.. Does anyone have it up on a Website?

Thanks sooo much,

L.U.

Back
Top Bottom