Wake Up Dead Man Hidden Sounds Part 6 Thousand Million trillion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can hear the crowd noise, and I can hear someone saying, "Adam is a butthead" somewhere in the first verse.

Even though I can hear these things, it always confuses me that so much time must have been spent on sticking all this stuff in Wake Up Dead Man, when they could have been making mixes that they would be happy with of some other songs. Still, I love Dead Man, and I don't know enough about what makes good mixes to notice much difference, so I guess it was worth it.

Zootlesque said:

Thanks for posting this link for Audacity! :bow:

:up:

I was listening to Wake up Dead Man with my headphones on lastnight and I could hear what sounded like a song been played in reverse.

I can't really hear it through my regular speakers.

waynetravis said:

I was listening to Wake up Dead Man with my headphones on lastnight and I could hear what sounded like a song been played in reverse.

I can't really hear it through my regular speakers.

Thats called 'out of phase' sound - its the same thing that if you don't put your headphones in right on a 'normal' (WUDM is NOT normal) you often lose the centre channel, normally vocals.

Somewhere there is a list of everything found so far.

This song does always make me ask one question though

'With a song so advanced, did U2 really not finish pop? or was it just said cause they realised it could be a dangerous album. Its even possible the Las Vegas 'cock up' was staged to show commercial pressures breaking the band down (Cause isnt that what pops about? )

I give this thread 5 golden arches and a giant swizzle stick. :drool:

U2 need to get back to their arty, hidden-weirdness selves.

Back
Top Bottom