Wake Up Dead Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I can listen to this song again and again. Such a heavy one! It's a perfect example of Edge's wonderful talent of building a rhythm that builds and builds, but never quite reaches climax. Bono gets it, too, never fully going wild on the chorus like you want him to in your heart. :wink:

Nietzsche said "God is dead." What a great call to 'bring him back.' This tune, for me, embodies the entire feeling of the dark heaviness that is Pop. Kick-ass song.

WUDM is the second best U2 album closer since Love Is Blindness.

:bow:

Wake Up Dead Man is amazing....definitely agree 100% Utoo!

" is there an order in all of this disorder":drool:
and Egde man is that guitar haunting:drool:

I love WUDM and I almost prefer the stripped down version of it that they did on Elevation but I wish they had done the entire song.. and maybe brought the whole band in for the last bit.

I loved the Elevation version, and had they done it full, maybe even prefer it to the album. But as it were, they didn't. But this song is definitely a grower.

Nietzsche said "God is dead." What a great call to 'bring him back.' This tune, for me, embodies the entire feeling of the dark heaviness that is Pop. Kick-ass song. [/B][/QUOTE] YES,deep,profound,disturbing,divine................POP is more than we see..........WUDM is the finale of that shown and hidden...........Great album

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom