Wake me Up? Take Me Down? Or What?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fear_nothing

The Fly
I have these two songs that I assume are b-sides, but I can't for the life of me find anything about them.

When I got them they were titled "Wake Me Up Pt 1" and Wake me Up and Take me Down Pt. 2"

I think that they came from itunes Complete U2 set. But I'm not sure. I don't even know if the titles are correct. The first one kinda sounds like Lady With the Spinning head, but trust me it's not.

If any one knows anything about these two songs I would be very happy.

They are from Axtung Beibi: the Salome Out-takes, tapes of U2's work in the studio while recording Achtung Baby in Berlin. One collection of the out-takes contains 7CDs, though there's a lot of drum tracks and multiple versions of the same song and so forth.

fear_nothing said:
I have these two songs that I assume are b-sides, but I can't for the life of me find anything about them.

When I got them they were titled "Wake Me Up Pt 1" and Wake me Up and Take me Down Pt. 2"

I think that they came from itunes Complete U2 set. But I'm not sure. I don't even know if the titles are correct. The first one kinda sounds like Lady With the Spinning head, but trust me it's not.

If any one knows anything about these two songs I would be very happy.

'Wake me up" (More commonly known as Take You Down) became Lady with the Spinning Head, the salome outtakes version included the intro to Ultra Violet (light my way) as a middle 8, a version of Edges's guitar solo from the Fly, and the title lyrics of Wake up Dead Man as the chorus.

Wake Up is absolutely :drool: :drool: :drool: Amazin Amazin Amazin track , I just can't get tired of it

J_NP said:
Wake Up is absolutely :drool: :drool: :drool: Amazin Amazin Amazin track , I just can't get tired of it

Just out of curiosity..what was the opening track on the vertigo tour?:p

Think you've slipt to Arcade Fire teritory mate..

I like the track on the outtakes that is Acrobat w/alt. lyrics...

Re: Re: Wake me Up? Take Me Down? Or What?

Ellay said:

'Wake me up" (More commonly known as Take You Down) became Lady with the Spinning Head, the salome outtakes version included the intro to Ultra Violet (light my way) as a middle 8, a version of Edges's guitar solo from the Fly, and the title lyrics of Wake up Dead Man as the chorus.

Huh, cool. yeah I am in completely in love with Wake me Up/Take Me Down, whatever the first one is. I was just wondering what it was cause I can never find any lyrics on it.

Miricale_Drug said:

Just out of curiosity..what was the opening track on the vertigo tour?:p

Think you've slipt to Arcade Fire teritory mate..

Actually some call it Wake Up , at least on the review I had bout Axtung Beibe it was , same place I downloaded , and plus in the chorus , the lyrics says :

Wake Up , Wake Up , Wake up ..... dead man

So you kinda get used calling it Wake Up , after all it does have nothing to do with like the actual WUDM

You might be interested in have a looking a this link.

http ://home.comcast.net/~sira/achtung/u2salome.htm

It's an updated version of the liner notes which were written shortly after the 3CD set salome tapes were released, and they're handy to have when you're listening to them.

The liner notes are a good guide, but be aware that they're all individual interpretations about what's sung, and after repeated listens, ive noticed that some of the transcripts are way off.

(In 'take you down' for example, the original liner notes claimed bono said something about 'mate' but clearly he says "I'll sing in the middle EIGHT")

The song titles also tend to vary, depending on which version you have.

Wow. I never knew there was so much to these outtakes. The only one I've got is "Doctor Doctor." (Or at least a piece of it; it's kinda short.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom