Waffle and bollocks..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
I'm going on a ramble here with my own thoughts so bear with me.Listening to u2's music resently,Boy thru to HTDAAB,i honestly cannot understand how people do not like u2?!?:( I know musical taste is very subjective and is down to personal tastes but surely a deaf man can hear that this group are something special:drool:
I've just downloaded Mercy(at last:wink: )and can't stop playing it........and the've left it off the album!!!!Holy Jesus man how many groups can leave a masterpiece off the tracklist like this song??
U2's music means so much to me,why i don't know(apart from the obvious)why can't other people hear it???
When u2 play live the best just gets even better,god i hope i get tickets.....
Oh well i'll stop now.All this waffle and i ain't even had a beer:wink:

Believe me, I hear ya, and agree that U2 is very special. But like you said, it comes down to certain tastes and subjectivity. Everyone looks for something different in their music - and U2 thankfully are so big that it's easy to not understand why everyone doesn't like them since the sheer number of U2 fans is so astounding.

I know quite a few Dave Matthews Band fans who feel the same way about them, and I honestly can't get into that band to save my life, ya know? :shrug:

HelloAngel said:
I know quite a few Dave Matthews Band fans who feel the same way about them, and I honestly can't get into that band to save my life, ya know? :shrug:

And there boystupidboy, you have your answer, which you sorta answered yourself. Musical taste is all subjective. DMB, to me is the most boring band in the world. I've listened to them, I seen concert footage, but I can't get into the music.

That said I've read the same sort of thing about U2, so I say to each his own. I will continue to love U2 and anyone else can love who they love and it's all good.

boystupidboy said:
yep i know its 'each to there own' but i still don't get it:huh:
just call me mr thicko:wink: DMB-never heard of em'

Dave Matthews Band never got that big outside of the US, here they have an extremely dedicated fan base, almost to the point of insanity.

Back
Top Bottom