VOTE: THE NEW VIDEO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvanort

The Fly
There have been a ton of lengthy thoughts and reviews of the new "Stuck" vid, some good, some bad, some in between, but this seems like a close call. In general, without explanation, does it get a "Thumbs UP", or a "Thumbs DOWN"???

------------------
"I'm already gone... Felt that way all along..."

smile.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

sniff sniff...do you smell chese!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Sorry, just thought they really could have done more with this song. Plus, as a true-blue Red Sox fan I must express my extreme disgust at seeing Edge in a Yankees shirt.

...and another thumb, to make it two up.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Thumbs up. I like that the song is serious but the video lighthearted. It allows the audience to discover the deeper meaning without bludgeoning them over the head.

MP

Perfectly said, MP, that's exactly why I like it, but I couldn't figure out how to express it.

So at this point the score is...

14 UP / 4 DOWN

------------------
"I'm already gone... Felt that way all along..."

[This message has been edited by pvanort (edited 09-05-2001).]

this vote is discrimanatory against arabians, and i will have nothing to do with it.

however, i will say thumbs up for the video, NOT for the voting technique.

------------------
-deathbear

The video was done in good fun just how hutch would have liked it.

I confess, due to my lack of connection, I wasn't even aware of a new "Stuck" video...!!

Pity me!

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

WHATEVER! I am very distraught at the fact I still HAVE NOT even seen this damn vid. MTV and VH1 suck. When do they ever play it, middle of the night, right? Losers.
But it sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom