vote Larry as worlds sexiest Vegetarian!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:up: vegetarians
:up: Larry
:up: Larry as a vegatarian
:up: Larry as the world's sexiest vegetarian

:down: :madspit: :mad: PETA

I personally object to their ridiculous behaviour, as is my right. :grumpy:

people who hate PETA hate it because it makes them feel guilty, these people are called pussys.

fuck you PETA haters.

Last edited:
PETA's okay. A tad bit extreme on some of their actions but they're alright. Makes us aware on the animals that we eat. I love meat but I don't hate PETA. Just their outrageous ways of gaining publicity.

Larry still got my vote. :larry: :drool:

randhail said:
voting for larry as I'm eating my burger with bacon.

I'm a member of PETA too: People who Eat Tasty Animals :up:

People who eat tasty animals....that would be funny if it wasn't such an old joke.

PETA isn't just about being a vegetarian, they also focus on the humane treatment of animals. Do you find something funny about that too?

Sevikins said:
PETA's okay. A tad bit extreme on some of their actions but they're alright. Makes us aware on the animals that we eat. I love meat but I don't hate PETA. Just their outrageous ways of gaining publicity.

How about Bono's fight against AIDS and extreme poverty. I'm not complaining, but he also tries to gain publicity for it every which way. Yet you probably think that animals suffering horribly is not important at all compared to Africans suffering.

I have nothing against Bono's cause, I support him. However, many non-vegetarians do not understand how these animals are killed for food.

I DARE ANY OF YOU TO GO TO THE PETA WEBSITE AND CHECK OUT THE KFC CHICKEN VIDEO WITH PAMELA ANDERSON IN IT. IF YOU HAVE A HEART, IT'LL DROP.

Last edited:
Infinitum98 said:

How about Bono's fight against AIDS and extreme poverty. I'm not complaining, but he also tries to gain publicity for it every which way. Yet you probably think that animals suffering horribly is not important at all compared to Africans suffering.

I have nothing against Bono's cause, I support him. However, many non-vegetarians do not understand how these animals are killed for food.

I DARE ANY OF YOU TO GO TO THE PETA WEBSITE AND CHECK OUT THE KFC CHICKEN VIDEO WITH PAMELA ANDERSON IN IT. IF YOU HAVE A HEART, IT'LL DROP.

Here is the link for the video: http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=pam_kfc_long&feat=pam_kfc_long&pos=fp4

Infinitum98 said:

Not true. I've been to the PETA website more than one occasion and I have watched many of the videos. Am I pissed when I watch these videos? Who wouldn't?

You said that I probably don't think animals that suffer aren't important and that is just not true. I think that animals should have rights to live and if they should become tasty treats, then there should be a humane way of going about the process.

Those videos only show one part of the truth. Who knows? The world's full of propaganda, and I don't know if you'll agree with me, you probably won't since you believe that I'm a heartless chicken eater just by that one post-- we don't really know the whole story. It was wrong of the people to do what they do and I'm glad that PETA's exposing that to the world but we still don't know the whole story. Get me?

My original post really just wanted to say that I agree with what PETA's doing in shedding light on all this abuse but I don't agree with the way they're going about it-- whether it's getting people to strip naked in the streets to protest circus animal rights and attacking people who choose to wear fur (and some who wear faux who probably got attacked by accident) with spray cans which could've potentially injured the person itself. I don't know, you may just look at this and think that I'm ignorant but there's always two sides to every story, as much as we don't want to believe it. One bad apple shouldn't have to ruin the whole operation.

Infinitum98 said:

Mmm...KFC...:drool:

fud01.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

..What? Everybody needs a little KFC. :wink:

Infinitum98 said:

Yet you probably think that animals suffering horribly is not important at all compared to Africans suffering.

You're right, I don't think that animals suffering is nearly as important as the plight of the African people or the troops dying in wars around the world or the millions still effected by the tsunami or the homeless in the United States or children subject to sexual abuse.

Am I in favor of beating a dog needlessly? No. I don't like PETA because of their extreme views. Remember the billboard in New York suggesting Mayor Giuliani's prostate cancer was caused by milk and dairy products? That's a little absurd. They take a Nazi-like approach to their cause...We're right, you're wrong. The message is not a bad one but there more pressing matters in the world.

Okay forget about PETA and their ways of gaining attention. But what about the animals. Now let me just focus on one issue. In that KFC video you can see the way they handle the chickens. They stomp on chickens, they pack them in the tens of thousands, they throw them around, cut their beaks off, break their legs. It's horrifying.

Now for anyone who thinks that animals are not at all as important as humans. Why not? They are innocent, intelligent creatures. They feel pain and suffering physically, they have emotions just like humans do.

Why is it animal cruelty when we mistreat our dogs and cats. Why do we get arrested for that? Why isn't it animal cruelty when chickens, ducks, turkeys, various fur animals are mistreated? People don't understand that these animals are just like dogs and cats, they feel pain, they form social bonds. Yet people think that only housepets that are mistreated count for animal cruelty.

Anybody can live a healthy lifestyle, without harming animals. People say that eating animals keeps you healthy and without animals you will die. Look at Larry Mullen. Doesn't he look physically fit and muscular? Look at Mother Theresa, she was a vegetarian, and she lived untill she was 87.

Infinitum98 said:
Now for anyone who thinks that animals are not at all as important as humans. Why not? They are innocent, intelligent creatures. They feel pain and suffering physically, they have emotions just like humans do.

So what you're saying is that the next time I throw a lobster in a pot of boiling water, it will be screaming in pain? These are the same animals that eat their young thereby threatening the survival of the species.

According to your reasoning, "animals being as important as humans," would you allow your child to be attacked and killed by a mountain lion? Afterall, they are making an emotional decision to attack and that must be respected. Something seems wrong with that.

Just out of curiousity, how do you know that animals have emotions? Their brains are not as developed as the human brain.

You're right that anyone can live a healthy lifestyle without harming animals. I do it myself. I eat meat but don't go out of my way to hit squirrels when I'm driving my car.

What KFC is doing is wrong. I do not eat there because I don't like their food. In that sense, I'm not contributing to the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom