Vote for U2 in Vh1 end of year poll!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SIGH. It won't do any good, DMB will find a way to cheat and win everything again.

We should narc on Bon Jovi fans for voting more than once.
wink.gif

------------------
AFLAC!!!!!!

Also, and I just thought about this -

MTV and VH1 networks employ the "I'll scratch your back if you kiss my ass" technique with musicians and record labels.

So, when an awards show comes along with seemingly farfetched results, take a look at what record labels DMB and BJ are on - and see if there are any major artists that MTV and VH1 would like to have access to for ratings or for exclusive video premieres. The record labels will say - if you let DMB and BJ win, you can interview ______, and have a concert special with _____ exclusively.

It's unfortunate, but my friend who works at TRL says that this shit happens all the time, hence why you'll see someone small like 3LW on there, and then a week or month later someone HUGE from their same label will grant a video premiere or interview.

This bully technique is why BET sued MTV networks not long ago because some artists were unavailable for interviews, etc because of being held to MTV/VH1 because of "favors."

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 12-05-2001).]

Why do we care at this point. We know now these online polls are rigged or fans cheat to get their favorite band on there. It is obvious the BJ fans are employing the same strategy they did for the VH 1 awards. It really is kind of pathetic.

I read one post from a BJ fan which they indicated they were having their kids vote for BJ during the night?? That is pathetic! You have to ask yourself why would anyone do that? I come to two conclusions. The are completely obsessed and are really missing something in their life to such a degree nothing else matters. Secondly they know there is no way their artist would win without cheating. They know an artist like Bon Jovi is never going to get critical acclaim from their piers or the industry (ie The Grammys) so they feel the only way to unvalidate this inferiority is to cheat and have them win some meaningless award. Do we all really want to be a part of that? I dont think so, I think that is why we used our intelligence instead (Kev M) and came up with a way that didnt waste our time yet helped out our band. Why did we even have to do that? Because the other bands were already cheating. The whole thing is B.S. and I dont think we should degrade ourselves and be a part of it.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 12-05-2001).]

I hardly think that poll is important ... its not even protected by cookies ... (you can vote over and over again without even deleting your cookies)

VH1/MTV most likely dont give a rats ass about it ...

.kevM - Vote U2
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

The original link was correct, but unfortunately had a ( in it by accident. the best and most direct link is http://www.vh1.com/insidevh1/shows/newspsecials/2001/poll.jhtml?pollid=20013

The great part is you can vote, see the results then just delete the end part of the address until it looks like the link above, hit enter, go back to the voting page, and vote again. You can vote many times in a matter of seconds, or minutes depending on how much you want to vote.

They are badmouthing us on the bon jovi board again, saying they are going to kick our asses in this poll because we haven't decided to cheat.

losers

Back
Top Bottom