Vote for U2 in Australia's Countdown that stops the nation:-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alex Lloyd is great.

People at record companies get told if they have any spare time, even 5 minutes, vote for ***** Records artists on the Hottest 100.
It's really important to do well.
Hundreds of votes a day could go through for each company. Nice work.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
bugger his anorak hahahahaha

well i still think he stole part of that amazing song from travis' driftwood and i still think the JJJ audience will have him right up there.

Oh I'd say he stole a good part of it from Driftwood, and the rest from the very worst of Christian pop. What was Alex thinking?

I think you're right.

Am I dreaming, or are Travis really starting to stink? 'It's all about the songs, maaan'. Well fuck off and write some decent songs then!

You're all nutty. Listen to Slomey.

mad.gif

What I've been thinking about Travis lately is, if Fran Healy and co are so determined on their band staying anonymous, then what were they doing on the cover of the "Q" magazine? Frontcover of a glossy music mag seems like a strange place to start your quest for "invisibility".

Originally posted by Saracene:
What I've been thinking about Travis lately is, if Fran Healy and co are so determined on their band staying anonymous, then what were they doing on the cover of the "Q" magazine? Frontcover of a glossy music mag seems like a strange place to start your quest for "invisibility".

Quite. My beef with Travis (and groups like them) is that they say it's all about the songs, but they have absolutely nothing memorable or interesting to say in said songs. When you start writing songs about songwriting itself, you're in Billy Joel territory.

I am going to defend Alex Loyd here- I have liked him for awhile and I even prefer Amazing to Downtown, but anyway I saw him play live for the first time the night before New Years Eve at the Woodford Folk Festival- he played in between George (who are out of this world- that woman's voice is truly one in a million!) and the John Butler Trio- who in my opinion are not that special, but Alex was just great- him and his guitar and a great singing and little anecdotes- he had heaps of personality on stage and he finished with my fave song of his- My way home, and it was so nice
smile.gif

It will go to an aussie band...always does. something for kate's monsters will do well.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by bono_man:
It will go to an aussie band...always does. something for kate's monsters will do well.

Something For Kate's "Three Dimensions" deserves to do well, if it's even in the running (I never check these things). Frankly an Australian band probably deserves to get it (much as I like U2), just as long as it's not Area 7 or something.

------------------
"The animals, baby"

or frente.

------------------

i wouldnt be the first person.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom