Viva Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
I?m curious as to who else is buying tickets for the show in Vegas this weekend. Also, are they likely to add a second or third show if tickets sell out fast? And, where can we meet the night(s) before? At the Hard Rock or is there a good Irish/British pub in a hotel somewhere so can all have steak & kidney pies?

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

Me and my husband are planning for Las Vegas!
Neither one of us has been there before and hope to make a weekend of it.
I guess you can't count the airport, can you?
BTW can anyone suggest good hotel near the venue for booking?
I understand that there is a huge convention that week, and that if you plan to go--book early!

I'm trying really hard to get out there, I'm looking for people to meet up and hope to find someone that would be willing to split costs. So if anyone is interested holler, in any case keep in touch.

mbi16@yahoo.com

hi everyone, I've got lots of ideas for lodging and just about everything is close to the airport/strip and most hotels offer free shuttle service. I was looking at staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, but it's big bucks (fun place to stop, though, and check out the U2 memorabilia). Sams Town and Boulder Station are nice places to stay, its just that they are on Hwy 95, a few miles from the strip. You will also pay big bucks to stay at the big hotels on the strip. Too bad the concert won't be at MGM Grand Garden, then we could all stay right there and not have to drive anywhere.

Has anyone checked out the ticketmaster website? Las Vegas isn't even listed on the schedule. ACK. Hope they update the system between now the u2.com presale which is supposed to be on Thursday.

It would be fun to set up a preconcert dinner or something, especially since it will be a Saturday night.

BTW, I'm back from Slane
biggrin.gif
got back just before the awful events last week
frown.gif

Yo-Eliv8 I plan on being there and the 2nd LA show

I will be sending you some Blanks and Postage soon so we'll have good tunes to listen to in line.

Late,
diamond
bruno
nine

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

DB9 - Its my turn to jump on the stage and swing Bono around.

Sissy has to go back as she received so many e-mails asking if Bono in Tussauds dresses to the left or the right.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

Count me in on the Vegas attempt. I am thinking that is what everyone will be going for. I go to Vegas often so if anyone has any questions about lodging feel free to ask me as well.

------------------
Camilo Arenivar

Email: U2LA2000@hotmail.com

AOL Instant Message: nohocamilo

Yahoo Messenger: u2la2000

http://www.U2LA.com

Originally posted by Eliv8:
Sissy has to go back as she received so many e-mails asking if Bono in Tussauds dresses to the left or the right.

Hahahaa!!! True very true!

Plus my pics didnt come out last time. So I need to get closer.

frown.gif

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

It's my son's birthday and he'll kick my ass if I go to a U2 show!
smile.gif

So I'm gonna miss this one...

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
smile.gif

How old is he? Take him with you...best present ever!!

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

If I can get tickets, I'm going for sure! I just can't wait to meet everyone.

I'm staying at the Luxor (whether U2 is there or not), because have a friend whose uncle is a Vegas high-roller and he got us a reduced rate! My friend has already stuffed 6 people into a room for 2, and the real shame is, 2 of her friends aren't even going for U2!!!

Not before I jump on stage and swing the Edge around!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 09-19-2001).]

Not before I jump on stage and swing the Edge around!
biggrin.gif

Mrs Edge,Be prepared for a little bit of 'ruckus' and 'drama' however I/we would cheer you on!

Sounds like a bit of a party happening at the Luxor folks....

Late,
Diamond
Bruno
Nine
(9)

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

Luxor sounds like a plan. Not often I get to sleep in a pyramid. I still want to know if they are likely to add more nights in Vegas if it sells out or will this be the final show?

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

[This message has been edited by Eliv8 (edited 09-19-2001).]

I'll get a spare ticket for you if you get one for me. Did you stay at the Stratosphere?

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

Originally posted by Eliv8:
I'll get a spare ticket for you if you get one for me. Did you stay at the Stratosphere?

K I had to read that twice. LOL!

No I didnt but went up there and rode those rides and looked at the view. It was awesome.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

I know you understand what you think I said but you must realize what I said is not what I meant.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
smile.gif

So I'm gonna miss this one...

It's 2 days after my daughter's birthday (we are celebrating the weekend before) and my son is mad that we won't take him with us.

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up. That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

I just made reservations for two rooms at Hard Rock Hotel. Yeah, it's $$$$ but what the heck, this is my last big u2 blowout, and who knows, they may never tour again. If anyone is thinking about staying there, call now, they are filling up fast for that weekend.

OK Kev-Iam in for Vegas,got GA floor.
I will be sending you those B/Ps soon..+ a 'diamond-bonus'
D
B

PS what time are we goin to Crazy Horse?

------------------

---------

Crazy Horse? The Link I sent was for the Crown & Anchor. I thought a British pub would be a good place to meet. 6 - 7;oo sounds good. I know this is unfashionably early to go out on a Saturday night but I dont want to be knackered waiting in line all Sunday and then sleep through the show. (Ha ha - Fat chance)

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom