Videos that scare the shit outta you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Swan269:
I have sent things to Ireland before and I think that VHS isn't even in PAL...it is only the broadcast signal from television stations.

[This message has been edited by Swan269 (edited 04-06-2002).]

Actually VHS does come in PAL...I found out the hard way. I bet on some Kate Bush videos on Ebay that were listed as VHS and I won the bet. I had no idea that VHS came in any other format other than NTSC. The guy was from Scotland and before I paid for them he emailed me to make sure my VCR played PAL videos and I had no idea what he was talking about so I did a little research and found out that there are different kinds. You can buy VCRs that play both formats, but most people's VCRs play one or the other. Probably what happened Swan, is that either the people you mailed them to were unaware, as I was, that VHS comes in different formats, or they had VCRs that will play both.

[This message has been edited by babble (edited 04-06-2002).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I must admit, some of the ACHTUNG BABY era videos seem drug-induced to me.

"Until the End of the World" is another example...wtf???!!!! GREAT, GREAT song, but the video...ummmm...

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I must admit, some of the ACHTUNG BABY era videos seem drug-induced to me.

Is that necerssarily a bad thing?

Tsk, tsk, THIS thread from the girl who claimed in another thread that she was saddened and hurt and mad when people don't like everything by U2? The same girl who preached that they were her 'family' and when someone dissed them she would fight? Here SHE is laughing and making fun of and picking at things they've done???
confused.gif
Ironic.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by She wanted the highway:
Tsk, tsk, THIS thread from the girl who claimed in another thread that she was saddened and hurt and mad when people don't like everything by U2? The same girl who preached that they were her 'family' and when someone dissed them she would fight? Here SHE is laughing and making fun of and picking at things they've done???
confused.gif
Ironic.
rolleyes.gif

Look, I don't know what your problem is, but don't take it out on me, okay? I do not HATE the videos. I still love them all, because it's U2, but some were better than others. And yes, some were highly amusing and even SCARY. But that doesn't mean I hate them.

------------------

[This message has been edited by wertsie (edited 04-07-2002).]

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I love the Red Rocks and UF era hair and clothes, I found them very sexy. I really can't understand anyone dissing that time or the clothes. I loved them very much and still do. It hurts me to see it get joked on so much. I LOVE I Will Follow, and I wish people wouldn't make fun of it. I think it was cute and Bono was very hot dancing in those tight pants. No video ever 'scared' me but "Discotheque." It made me running away screaming in terror- literally.

Well, it wasn't THEIR fault their fashions/hair were so bad (imho) back then. I mean, it was the 80s...Fashion massacre city! But I have to say that it IS very endearing to watch!

Yeah, "Discotheque" was...something else! Totally goofy. It's alright for me to watch though, in moderation....hahaha...I still think "Discotheque" was the WRONG single to release first off of POP...yeah...

------------------

I love the Red Rocks and UF era hair...I found them very sexy. I really can't understand anyone dissing that time or the clothes. I loved them very much and still do. It hurts me to see it get joked on so much.

Are you speaking, specifically, of the "mullet"?

-R. E. Stanislaus.

stcam52413a.jpg

Originally posted by wertsie:
Well, it wasn't THEIR fault their fashions/hair were so bad (imho) back then. I mean, it was the 80s...Fashion massacre city! But I have to say that it IS very endearing to watch!

I don't think the fashions were bad back then at all. In fact I much prefer them to today's fashions- long hair on guys instead of hardly any, tight pants instead of saggy. (Butts and legs mmmm you can see the shaped of the buns mmmmm) The 'fashion massacre' IMO was POPMART- LMAO!!!!! Muscle shirt, Adam's surgeon mask and that thing on his head, Edge looking like a pimp from a cheap 70's B-movie, what a display! Only Larry looked decent.

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
I don't think the fashions were bad back then at all. In fact I much prefer them to today's fashions- long hair on guys instead of hardly any, tight pants instead of saggy. (Butts and legs mmmm you can see the shaped of the buns mmmmm) The 'fashion massacre' IMO was POPMART- LMAO!!!!! Muscle shirt, Adam's surgeon mask and that thing on his head, Edge looking like a pimp from a cheap 70's B-movie, what a display! Only Larry looked decent.

Ick...Long hair on guys. Definitely not my thing. And people like my brother would look really stupid with long hair because when it gets long it's all frizzy...good thing he wasn't born in the 60s...hehe...But that really has nothing to do with anything, so...

The pants aren't too bad. I sort of agree with you there.

Popmart...hehe...I really don't like those muscle shirts, but Bono's mirrorball pants...I LOVE those! I want a pair!

------------------

I actually prefer shoulder length hair to long hair, but I'd rather see long hair than too short. I really hate shaved hair and spikes with grease all in them, eeww. Sorry, there is no redeeming value to those baggy britches. I want to see some buns! No fair, guys get to stare at girls in tight pants. I'm just glad I'm not a teenager so I don't have to suffer with looking at them. Most guys over 25 would not be caught dead in a pair of hang-lows. I guess I just want hair I can get my hands into and tight pants- oh the Fly pants- *runs back to PLEBA*

------------------

Originally posted by Saracene:
Last Night on Earth - what a terrifying video. It's like the guys set out to make themselves look as ugly as possible!

LMAO!!!!! They were so gross, I know what you mean!

Others that I find scary are Discoteque and One (drag)

------------------

I actually prefer shoulder length hair to long hair, but I'd rather see long hair than too short. I really hate shaved hair and spikes with grease all in them, eeww. Sorry, there is no redeeming value to those baggy britches. I want to see some buns! No fair, guys get to stare at girls in tight pants. I'm just glad I'm not a teenager so I don't have to suffer with looking at them. Most guys over 25 would not be caught dead in a pair of hang-lows. I guess I just want hair I can get my hands into and tight pants- oh the Fly pants- *runs back to PLEBA*

Why are people still hung up on the whole guys wearing baggy pants thing? That went out AT LEAST five years ago!

------------------

Originally posted by wertsie:
Why are people still hung up on the whole guys wearing baggy pants thing? That went out AT LEAST five years ago!

SIGH, then the guys around here are behind the times. I still see them EVERY day in large numbers. Maybe they'll catch on soon.

------------------

SIGH, then the guys around here are behind the times. I still see them EVERY day in large numbers. Maybe they'll catch on soon.

Oh, lord...That IS scary! hehe...Yeah, I'd MUCH rather look at guys in butt-tight pants!

------------------

I love the Lemon and A Celebration vids.
Night and Day scares me badly.
I love the One with U2 in drag.
The Under A Blood Red Sky videos was a fine, quality hair era not just for Adam, but the rest. Didn't they refer to that era as a "fasion massacre?"

I love the Red Rocks and UF era hair and clothes, I found them very sexy. I really can't understand anyone dissing that time or the clothes. I loved them very much and still do. It hurts me to see it get joked on so much. I LOVE I Will Follow, and I wish people wouldn't make fun of it. I think it was cute and Bono was very hot dancing in those tight pants. No video ever 'scared' me but "Discotheque." It made me running away screaming in terror- literally.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

You got mail Wertsie, and Babble, yeah, thanks for pointing that out, I'm pretty sure one of the 2 vids we got is NTSC compatible, or one of my mates has one

Hehe
biggrin.gif
C'mon, you can at least SEE how people would slag that vid, look at the state of Bono and Edge in his best sunday shirt, they look like my brothers at their confirmation!!! Except on drugs!!! Like some decent LSD or something! Ok, fair enough, you may like it, thats cool, but ya gotta at least see how people who weren't even born then would have trouble understanding things like the fashion and dancing and EYES were even possible!
"youuuuuuuuuuuur eyesssssss, make me hurllllllllllll, i see them in a........mental hoooooooooome"

Originally posted by blood red edge:
I love the Lemon and A Celebration vids.
Night and Day scares me badly.
I love the One with U2 in drag.
The Under A Blood Red Sky videos was a fine, quality hair era not just for Adam, but the rest. Didn't they refer to that era as a "fasion massacre?"

Yeah, and Bono has also said something along the lines of, "I was wearing an animal on my head back then."

------------------

There is only one video that scared the shit out of me and made think,"if I was a kid seeing that I would of had nightmares and bed wetting galore" and sorry but its not even U2!

Ladies and gentleman I give you...

Prodigy-Firestarter

'dives back under the duvet!'

lol!

That's it! Let's do NON U2 videos! We can really bash things and no one will get pissed off. It will be fun!
biggrin.gif

------------------

I just started a scary non-U2 video thread in Lemonade Stand, please post your choices!

That's it! Let's do NON U2 videos! We can really bash things and no one will get pissed off. It will be fun!
biggrin.gif

Hey, not a bad idea! Here are some of mine:

Any video with Britney Spears (unless there's one where she gets hit by a bus...that I wouldn't mind!)

uh...I'm drawing a blank. NEXT!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom