Video premieres on UK tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I'd assume we are not getting TOTP in the US of A, one of you are gonna have to tape it, because, uh, I am gonna have to see it. Tonight.

If it's on TOTP's website there will be for sure some type of video on tonight, even if it is just the studio performance video. So by 7.30pm Uk time I'm sure some techno head will have managed to leak the video on line!

Lo-Fi said:
Nothing else out with what on TOTP website, I'm still betting it's the studio performance video rather than the full thing they shot last week. That'll still be cool to see though, it's probably the same video that'll be on the DVD single.

I agree with you. I think its definately the video that will be released with the DVD single.

But it will still be cool to see them performing it in the studios (or whereever).

Wow the boys have decided to kick the multi-million promo's early - I hope some tech savvy (and very nice) person in the UK can help those of us in the rest of the world - Living in the US the best I have is -sob- TRL

hmm i dunno

i work for a post-production place and we work on music videos quite often.
a normal amount of time would be a couple of weeks but it really depends on how effects intensive the video is, how much colour grading needs doing and how much editing.

considering this was an outdoor shoot it probably only needs to be cut together and graded so yes, it could have been done in a week, but i would have thought that a video for a band as big as U2 would have had a lot more time spent on it.

then again, regardless of whether they spent 3 hours or 3 months on it, itheres no doubt its gonna kick ass!!!

Guys and gals,

I can capture this tonight on my PC off NTL cable.

I'll record in MPEG2 but can then create a smaller, standard MPEG1 file and then encode a realmedia rm file also.

I'll try uploading it to Yousendit first but if that doesn't work then I'll appreciate assistance from anyone here with with space/bandwidth.

Kindest regards,

Alan
Loughborough, UK

enajh2 said:
Guys and gals,

I can capture this tonight on my PC off NTL cable.

I'll record in MPEG2 but can then create a smaller, standard MPEG1 file and then encode a realmedia rm file also.

I'll try uploading it to Yousendit first but if that doesn't work then I'll appreciate assistance from anyone here with with space/bandwidth.

Kindest regards,

Alan
Loughborough, UK

You would be the hero of everyone here! Wish I could help you out with the space and bandwidth ...

hasn't anyone watched Making the Video on MTV before? They can make a video and get it on air pretty fast these days.

I wasn't expecting a new song AND video in the same week :faint:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
perhaps they were already filming the majority of the video before the outdoor shoot, and the outdoor shoot was just for the finale or somethin, thus why they got it out so quick

nah that makes too much sense, couldn't be

what about those rumors about them filming for the video about a month ago, or so? if those were more than rumors, then i would tend to agree that maybe the filming from last week was the final pieces. who's to say the desert film isn't an alternative video too, i.e. 'stuck in a moment' or 'one'? if one video doesnt have the appeal, im betting we'll see a different version...

Last edited:
Axver said:

You would be the hero of everyone here! Wish I could help you out with the space and bandwidth ...

I have to come back into my university office tonight and do some work anyway so I'll have a 1.5Mb connection at my disposal! :wink: Much much better than my 300k broadband at home.

I'll encode the files properly using two-pass encoding and bring them here on a zip disk and with any luck I'll have two Yousendit links mailed to me and they'll be online for 7 days.

Oh, and please don't lambast me if my computer bluescreens during the encoding! Blame Bill Gates instead!!! :p

Alan

yeah i heard chris moyles say that today when he played it on bbc radio 1 - incidentally if anyone wants to hear the tune they should go to the bbc website and find his show from today

bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/runningorder/index.shtml

click on today show - and in the new window it loads up - fast foward about 1 hour 20 using the arrows at the top - and they do a spoof introduction and then play it

the song is totally amazing ive already heard it many many times lol

From memory TOTP is broadcast on a 1 week delay in Australia.

But I'll be tuning in Saturday night at 7pm (on Foxtel's UKTV channel) just in case it's now only a day behind like Leno & Letterman !!!

actual video isn't suppose to arrive until mid October.. so if your going to bet I'd pick on the studio video which was sent with the single

i can capture it too on digital terrestrial but unfortunatly im on 56k waiting for my 1mb package to kick in. so im no use, but at least i try :D

all i know or care is its going to be on top of the pops tonight in some shape or form of another and god almighty couldnt stop me from watching it!

withnailandi said:
all i know or care is its going to be on top of the pops tonight in some shape or form of another and god almighty couldnt stop me from watching it!

What about a power cut? :D

ill use static electricity or a bicycle powered tv if ive got to , besides - gods a u2 - there will be no power cut

bump......we need people to be aware of this thread so we have many people taping the new video clip! I'm going to bed now, we should have it when I wake up! :hyper:
What a day!

lol

i know how u feel - today has been awesome so far - ive got to hear 2 new u2 songs , and ill get to see some sort of video tonight

GUH! A video too? I don't care if it's the "real" video or a studio performance. Either way it's new U2 footage that goes with the new U2 song. YES! :hyper: :drool:

My only hope is that the video doesn't suck. Remember the last time U2 had a cool, hard rockin' song? It was ruined by a lame-ass video...Can I ever forgive them----Vertigo will decide this.

:hyper:

I looked on the TOTP website a couple of days ago in the hope that U2 would be on tonight, but it didn't mention anything about vertigo then. So maybe the video just turned up in the office in the past 24 hours..........

Anyway, proper video or studio performance, I'll be watching. I've got no way to get it online, I'm afraid though. :sigh:

djgeeree said:
i can capture it too on digital terrestrial but unfortunatly im on 56k waiting for my 1mb package to kick in. so im no use, but at least i try :D

hmm how big would the file be? you could send it to me and i
i could have an FTP server up for the day....i've got 128k internet, would have to limit it to 3 users at once (so everyone gets good speeds)

yeah its 4 here

its on there tonight apparently tho - they said so on radio 1 earlier this morning at like 830 am when they played vertigo for the first time

*sighs* what a feeling hearing it for the first time

*is excited* and tonight i get to see it - or some version of it

*parties*

Back
Top Bottom