VH1's 100 Greatest 80's Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerhour24

ONE love, blood, life
Only featuring Pride at 38 and With or Without You at 13. No New Year's Day? No SBS? Please.

But of course when you look at the rest it's all typical 80's pop songs mostly so maybe we don't want U2 on this list haha.

Hah it seemed like during his interview about the song the guy that was in RUN DMC just realized Pride was about MLK.

I Still Haven't Found was a #1 hit wasn't it?

Streets is better than all of them anyway

Karlonthe2nd said:
Streets not making that list is nothing short of a disgrace.

Who cares! I'm not the least bit surprised. Outside of With Or Without You, I usually never see U2 in those 80s themed shows anyway.

2861U2 said:
Knowing VH1, I'm pleasantly surprised to see WOWY at 13. Yay!

Exactly!

vh1.com has the ones that "just missed the list" #'s 101-110, Streets is 108, alongside some good company The Clash- Rock the Casbah.

When I saw the No. 1 song was Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer," I nearly threw up. I wasn't really expecting a U2 song to be there (even though I was kind of shocked WOWY didn't make the Top 10), but just about anything would have been a better #1 than that cliche-ridden piece of crap rock.

^I was surprised that LOAP was at the top of their list as well, but I have to say it was a nice surprise. I was fully expecting Thriller or Bad to reign supreme. :|

I'd really like to know who compiles those "Top 100s", anyway - I'm pretty convinced it's someone who's been living in a cave in Afghanistan since 1967. :huh: :coocoo:

:giggle:

Thriller or Bad would have been 1,000 x better as the No. 1 than Living on a Prayer. Words cannot describe how much I hate that song or anything by Bon Jovi.

I was actually expecting Billie Jean or Beat It to be No. 1. No matter how grotesque Michael Jackson is now, you can't deny the greatness of his '80s hits.

I pretty much hate anything and everything by Michael Jackson so I'm glad he didn't top ANOTHER 80s chart.

BluRmGrl said:
I'd really like to know who compiles those "Top 100s", anyway - I'm pretty convinced it's someone who's been living in a cave in Afghanistan since 1967. :huh: :coocoo:

:giggle:

uh I don't know. I find these Top 100 80s lists on Vh1 pretty enjoyable for the most part and quite accurate too. You have to remember to look at it in an overall sense of what songs are still popular. Don't let your personal preference come in here. Any bar I go to that has an "80s nite", Livin On A Prayer and Pour Some Sugar On Me are always, always playing! That list was pretty spot on.

Back
Top Bottom